"Isn't it yours?" I asked back.

"We came here for Luke's birthday last year. It was a surprise trip."

"Is that what friends do for each other?" I asked and clapped my hand over my mouth.

She didn't take it personally and disappeared into the back garden. Do they even call it a back garden in a villa? It was more like a back paradise.

That reminds me, I really need to pluck those weeds out of my backyard when I get home.

**

I explored upstairs, with no clue which room was mine. There were so many rooms and most had balconies.

"Psst," Cearra whispered, calling me into hers.

I found her suitcases already open on the floor and clothes spilled out in a colorful mess.

Cearra was so excited that she was talking at 2x human speed again. "Remember when I asked you if you were sharing a room with Luke because then I'd have to share a room with the devil wears prada?"

"Yes."

"It turns out none of us are sharing! We all get our own fricking personal private individual rooms!" she squealed, throwing her hands in the air.

"I can't believe this all worked out," she exclaimed, "We're in Dubai and I have to call my mom in thirty minutes for our first daily check-in. I can't believe you didn't accept my offer on clothes by the way."

"What offer was that again?" I asked, trying to remember.

"The LUKY girls offered up their wardrobes to us," she said, "They said we could choose fresh outfits for new years'."

"Oh, did they?" I considered it, "Yeah, I remember you mentioned that, but then I thought of all the million things I'd rather do and one of them is die."

"Well I took up the offer," she said, "I won't say no to a bomb free outfit. They're sucking up to join our crew now. Funny how the turns have tabled."

I added, "Funny how LUCKY rhymes with YUCKY. I didn't notice that until now."

**

~Three hours later~

Everyone was in their rooms, sleeping. I had changed into comfy PJs, eaten dinner and was now more than ready to sleep.

I opened the door to Luke's room and stepped inside. He was sleeping, his head resting peacefully on the pillow. He had his clothes still on.

It warmed my heart to see him like that as I walked towards the bed to join him. I pulled the covers over me and turned towards Luke, curling my body to mirror his.

My eyes drooped shut and I found sleep easily, the feel of his warm skin under my arm.

...

BANG

The doors flung open and Austin came bursting in. "2 MINUTES DAWSON! Oh, hi Millie."

Austin nervously tried to back out of the room. 

Luke groaned in bed and raised his hand to his head, almost hitting me in the process, and twisting his head towards me in surprise. "Minnie, when did you get here?"

Did we really have to do this in front of Austin?

Austin looked away and quietly whistled.

Then Luke looked at Austin, "Why are you here?"

"You're late. Everyone's downstairs," he stared at us both like we missed the memo.

I sniffed the air, "Is that cologne?"