"i know what the fuck you thought liyah,ok but here's the thing,nobody is gonna love you the way i do you hear me?"

i kept my eyes on the road,feeling his eyes on me.
before i could react he grabbed my face with his hands making me look at him

"do you fucking hear me aaliyah?!"
i nodded my head sobbing in front of him.

"nobody else fucking wants you ok? you're mine and you're always gonna be,you got that!"

i nodded grabbing his hand trying to loosen his grip.
"travis you're hurting me"
i cried.

"i don't give a shit aaliyah,you hurt me all the time. you wanted to fucking leave me alone with nobody!"

i shook my head trying to calm him down while still keeping an eye on the road.
"well guess what,it's time for you to feel the hurt i felt, you little bitch!"
he tightened his grip.

"you are my property and you're always gonna be,you hear me!"
i nodded as he made me look at him.
he grabbed my throat cutting off the air.

"travis"
i took my hands off the wheel trying to pry his hands off of my neck.

"you feel that,that's what pain feels like aaliyah"
he tightened his hands,i could feel my eyes getting cloudy as he pushed me into the seat with his hands still on my neck.

"please travis stop,i can't breathe,the wheel get the wheel"
i tried to get out.

he kept his hands on my neck looking dead at me as tears fell down my face.
before i could get anymore words out i was blinded by bright lights coming through my windshield.

"aaliyah!"

"aaliyah?"

i put my head up from the table rubbing my eyes.

"did you want something to eat,they have some good ass mac and cheese?"
miles said taking a big bite out of his.

i shook my head before placing my hand back on the side,resting my face against it.

"i'm fine,can you get me a drink though?"
he nodded,leaving his seat,letting his chair scrape the floor,causing my head to pound.

i rested my head back onto the table trying to fall asleep again.
all of a sudden,the loud sound of the chair scraping on the floor again made me raise my head to a girl.

she looked about my age.
average height,light skinned,pretty.
really pretty.

"do we know each other?"
i asked propping my head up again.
she shook her head taking a drink of her water bottle.

"no,but you looked lonely ass hell so imma help a sister out."
she smiled at me.

i nodded taking in her appearance.
she was wearing a white cropped shirt,jeans and some pink sandals,with a purse to match.

"my name's destiny,but you can call me des.
i heard your new and i wanted to be your first friend."

she stuck her manicured hand out towards me before i took it,shaking it back and forth.

"i'm aaliyah."
she gasped,taking me by surprise.
"oh my god i love aaliyah,you listen to her?"

my body jerked up,finally excited about something for once in a while.
"hell yeah,whats your favorite album?"

"one in a million,it's a classic"
she tucked her straight hair behind her ear.

we started engaging in a heated conversation about some older artists before a tall,skinny looking guy walked up and interrupted us.

"can i have a dollar?"
he stood next to destiny as he asked.
she looked up at him .

"no get a job."

"but i'm hungry and i left my wallet at home,help a brother out."
he complained.

she made a sit motion with her finger before he groaned and pulled up a chair.

"what's up,i'm anthony."
he nodded his head.

"aaliyah"

"like the singer"
destiny rolled her eyes before introducing him.

"aaliyah this is my clueless,dumb,annoying ass brother anthony."

"you got a dollar?"

i covered my mouth as i burst out laughing just as miles came back to the table.

"i got you a pop,who's this?"
he gestured at them both.
i pointed as i introduced them.
"this is destiny and anthony"

he dapped anthony up before sitting next to me.

"ok so before i was so rudely interrupted"
she glared at anthony.

"i wanted to know if y'all wanted to hang out some time soon? get some food,talk and just chill."

i nodded
"that would be nice."
miles agreed.

i've only been at the this school for a few hours but i'm happy i finally have somebody to bond with other than miles.

at my old school i wasn't exactly social,not because i didn't wanna be but because,travis wouldn't let me.

i'm still not over what happened last year and i can't help but feel guilty for it.

everybody keeps saying the same thing over and over.

'it's not your fault','you had no control over the situation'

but it's like there's this devil on my shoulder yelling at me everyday about what happened,even though i'm trying my hardest to forget about it.

and funny enough,there's no angel.
i just moved from atlanta to florida and i'm pretty straight so far.
it's a lot easier now that,well he's not here.

anymore.

the situation happened a long time ago.
the mourning,it's already happened.the funeral,it already happened,yet everybody seems to have forgotten about the situation except me.

why can't i forget.

why won't it go away.

i'm afraid that this might take over my body,my mind and my soul if i don't forget it sometime soon.

just like he did.

Edited**