ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 11

᯾ Author here.
I honestly enjoyed so much writing this chapter so I hope you like it too.
Thanks for reading! ᯾

𑁍 𑁍 𑁍

Tomorrow is the Sports Festival. Shinsou and I wanted to hang out together for a while because, honestly, we were super nervous. Besides, my parents were going to work and I had no idea when they were coming back. I didn't want to be alone all day.
That afternoon... I found out Shinsou is a cat lover.

"Here we are!"

"A cat cafe?" It wasn't very far from home and I didn't notice this was here.

He opens the door for me and we walk inside. The place is very cozy. Carpets are covering the wooden floor, there are cat pictures everywhere and the smell of coffee permeates the environment. There's also a soft music in the background.

We take a sit in a couch, in front of a coffee table, and the waitress takes our order. She says something about the cats being ready as well.

I notice Shinsou placing something in my head and I look at him quizzically. He's taking me a photo! He shows it to me and I can see I got cat ears. I take them off and place them on him.

"Meow." He says smirking, making me giggle.

The waitress comes back placing a couple of coffee mugs on the table, and another employee gives us a couple of kitties. Mine is super fluffy and white, and Shinsou's a tabby one. I'm enjoying so much petting the cat that I forget about my coffee.

𑁍 𑁍 𑁍

Shinsou's POV

While I take a sip from my coffee, she doesn't notice I'm looking at her. She's too focused on her white kitty. It might sound weird, but I want to be that cat.

I lean on the back of the couch and pet mine, which is now curled up on my lap. I love this place. It always makes me relax.

"Shinsou?" I hear Nento call me while she leans back as well.

"Hm?" I turn my head to her.

"Do you really think... we'll be able to beat anyone?" She asks me without looking at me.

I turn my head back straight.
"Honestly? I don't think so."

"Huh?!" She then looks at me in shock.

"I mean... Our quirks aren't physical. It'll be difficult to win a combat hand to hand."

I hear her sigh.

"But..." I continue. "Even if we might lose, I want to believe we can get someone's attention." I turn to look at her with a soft smile. "Don't you think?"

She smiles back at me and I hold her hand.
"We'll be fine."

She leans on my shoulder and I can feel her sadness getting a bit lighter. We'll be fine.

"Hey, you said your parents weren't home, right?"

"Mhm. Why?" She says without lifting her head.

"Do you want me to keep you company?"

She nods after a while. We get up and stretch a little before getting the cats out of our laps.

After paying for the coffee, we leave to Nento's house. She said her parents work a lot and have a weird schedule, so she's alone at home most of the time. They could leave at 5 am and get home at 7pm. Sometimes one of them gets a free day just to relax and the next day they go back to work.
I guess that's why I not only feel that warmth everyone talks about, but something else. More... cold. I wonder how am I the only one who noticed.

𑁍 𑁍 𑁍

Kanjo's POV

When we got home, nobody was there, like most of the time.
I take off my shoes, Shinsou does the same and follows me to the living room.

"Do you want to play some games?" I ask him.

"That sounds good to me." He says taking a sit on the couch.

I take one of the games and turn the console on. When I put it in, we can see the title on the screen. I can hear him snicker.

"River City Girls? This looks old."

"1989." I say as I take a sit next to him and give him the controller.

"Yeah, definitely old."

"If you don't want to play I have more games."

"Like?"

I make a pause.
"River City Ransom."

He laughs.
"You're not serious, right?"

"Hey! Don't make fun of my game tastes."

"But... the names are almost the same. If the theme is the same too I swear..."

I keep silent.

"Wait... Is it?" He asks with a smirk.

I sigh.
"Street Fight."

"Oh my God!" He says laughing.

"Can we play now, please?" I say growling.

"Y-yeah. Sure. I'm sorry. You know I love you, but it's too funny." He says trying to breathe.

I look at him blushing.

𑁍 𑁍 𑁍

Shinsou's POV

It was too late when I noticed what I just said. And she's staring at me, so I'm not really hiding anything right now. I was holding my breathe at that moment.

"I guess... I've been exposed." I smile nervously.

She looks away and I do the same after a while. Then I notice something on my cheek. Did she just kiss me? I turn to look at her but she's staring at the screen, blushing madly. I can't help but smile.

"Hey." I call her and she turns her face to me. "Let's crush them." I say smirking and showing her the controller.

"Hell yeah!" She yells excited and starts the game.

𑁍 𑁍 𑁍

Kanjo's POV

We've been playing like... 5 hours straight. I might tell Shinsou to spend the night. Wait. His character isn't moving. When I look at him he's fallen asleep. Oh well, I guess I don't have to ask. I stroke his soft hair and lay him down so he's not awkwardly leaning on the back of the couch. Then I get the blanket next to me and wrap Shinsou with it.

Good night kiss?
Good night kiss.

I leave to my room after turning off the game, and get to bed.

I love him too.