ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 15

"AUDIENCE! THE FINALS YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR WILL FINALLY BEGIN!

ENCOUNTER NUMBER ONE!

EVEN IF YOU DID WELL, WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT FACE? FROM THE HERO COURSE: MIDORIYA IZUKU!

VERSUS!

SORRY, HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO STAND OUT YET! FROM GENERAL STUDIES: SHINSOU HITOSHI!"

As Present Mic explains the rules, I watch Shinsou and Midoriya from the stands. I'm not only nervous for myself, but for him as well. I pray in my mind for his victory.

At first they don't move at all. I'm sure Shin is trying to provoke the green haired, which seems to work since he just freezed, and now he's walking out the battle field.

"Come on, Shin. You got this." I whisper.

But suddenly, Midoriya manages to get rid of his control and stops walking.

"Wait what..." I stand up from my seat and lean on the railing in shock.

Now Midoriya is trying to push Shinsou out. Even if the purple head fights back, he ends up losing. I stay in silence processing what just happened, until I hear people talking from behind. They're complimenting Shinsou! Everyone from our class is cheering for him! It almost makes me cry and I yell as well.

"You did great, Shin! Everyone's rooting for you!"

Shinsou looks up at us, his anger lightly fading away. He says something to Midoriya before leaving, and I run to find him. I give him a hug as soon as I see him.

"I'm so proud of you." I tell him as he hugs me back.

"Thank you..." He replies with frustrated tears and pulls back to look at me. "Give that pink girl a good fight."

𑁍𑁍𑁍

We go back to the stands to watch the next battles. They're really tough. Especially that Todoroki guy. He finished in just a second.

When it's almost my turn to fight, Shinsou and I just give each other a determined look, sharing the same burning feeling. Ashido and I head to the battle field as Present Mic calls us out. I hear some people whispering this fight will be as short as Shinsou's since we belong to the same department. But I don't let that get in my way.

The thing is, we know each other's quirks, but we don't know anymore about it. So what should I expect? If it's acid like Ashido said, probably she'll shoot from afar. How far though?
I try to get closer to her. But instead of attacking, she slides away. Shit... I think she figured it out. The pink girl tries to keep me at some distance while I follow every move. She shoots some of her acid and I barely dodge it as I try to get closer. But she's so fast!

"What's wrong, Nento? Can't keep up with me?"

"You don't even know what I'm capable of. I could end this here right now." I hope she doesn't notice l'm bluffing, but she stops.

"Really? I'd like to see you try!" She smirks amused.

Once again, I try to get closer. But this time, I do get hit by the acid on my leg. It burns. I don't stop there though. I keep chasing her, even if she keeps shooting at me, until I manage to hold her wrist. I don't have enough strength to keep her on the floor, so I just stay like that, her feelings fighting against mine. But before I can do anything, she burns my hand and I let her go.

It's been some minutes fighting, when I notice my legs and arms are severely damaged. I couldn't give another step or move in any way. I couldn't find myself saying those words though. I'm not giving up. But Cementoss stops the fight. No... This can't end like this. Shortly I'm taken to the infirmary.

𑁍𑁍𑁍

She knew she shouldn't touch me. That's why she kept our distance. I give an angry look at the ceiling while laying on the bed, when I hear the door open. Shinsou runs towards me, giving me a hug.

"Are you okay? Does anything hurt?"

"I'm okay now. Just tired."

I show him my arms and legs already healed. But my clothes have some big holes now. He looks at me, knowing well I'm not okay.

"You did great. And I'm proud of you."

Those are the same words I said to him. I look down at my lap, clenching my fists.

"I know... But I couldn't show off like you... They won't be interested in me because I did nothing..."

Shinsou doesn't say anything. He just sits on the bed next to me in silence for a moment.

"We'll figure something out." He finally says.

I'm not sure how but... I trust him.

𑁍𑁍𑁍

Feeling already recovered, we stay at the dining hall while the fights keep going. I get a milkshake and we sit on a bench next to each other. I feel his hand over mine and I look at him. He gives me a gentle smile and I sigh, leaning on his shoulder as I sip my drink with a straw.

We fought all the way and at the end we weren't enough. Nothing good will come from this. Maybe for Shinsou, but not me. Absolutely not me.