afterword

E P I L O G U E

ADORA LEFT A few seconds after she patted Jungkook's shoulder and the latter closed the door behind him, still looking at me as if he still cannot believe I'm in front of him.

Suddenly, there were so many things I wanted to say to him. Suddenly, I was on the verge to bawl my eyes out in front of him. Suddenly, I want to drop all things I brought on the ground and just throw myself inside his arms, because for these couple days, when I'm with him, everything feels okay to me.

But I didn't.

Instead, I gave him the most awkward smile and lifted lightly the things I kept carrying on "Surprise..."

Took few seconds for Jungkook to answer me, "how..."

I chuckled as I remembered it, "well, you don't want to know."

"Did they think you were some crazy fans?"

"Oh they are." I laughed and he did too, a little. And then, I gave him a smile, apologetic too maybe, as I tilted my head a bit to the right, still locking eyes with him. "I'm coming here to give you a cake."

"Cake?"

"And some other stuff too."

He raised his eyebrows, but instead of telling him all the list, I put the shopping bags on the floor and lifted the square box before giving it to him. He glanced down to peek at what was inside and a small smile spread on his face.

"Cheesecake. How come you know?"

"What do you mean? I chose cheesecake because I like it."

Jungkook laughed instantly, then looked back at me, "thank you. Is this a souvenir or something?"

"No, it's an opening, for my apology gifts to you shopping spree!" I grimace, because how weird that sounds.

"Apology?"

I dropped my eyes down to my shoes, "yeah... I thought... my words hurt you in some ways... and I didn't realize it, even up until right now..."

"Chaeyoung, that's because you didn't hurt me." He said with a soft voice, very gentle.

And I couldn't look up, properly see his eyes at all, but then I saw he put the cake box on the floor beside him, slowly. One knee on the ground, slightly hesitate to take both of my hands and cold when he is holding mine, but he comforts it with a small gesture of caressing the back of my hand with his thumbs.

Jungkook tried to see my eyes, but I closed it, scared to open because she might done something stupid like falling apart right in front of him. And I think he knows because he called my name softly.

"I realized, I shouldn't walk away like that last night, but I guess I was scared." He started, pausing for a little bit, trying to give some comfort while still caressing the back of my hands.

"Because, I never expect you're going to leave a very big impression on me," I hold my breath, still patient, Jungkook continued, "and when you said you will be in Australia my mind goes, ah, she will be gone by tomorrow, I hate that. I don't want that. It's supposedly just the start of everything."

I looked up so fast when he said those few last words, immediately he locked eyes with me, giving me a smile that reached his eyes, gleaming. "And so, I was hurt by my own expectations and left just like that, last night, so really Park Chaeyoung, none of those are your fault."

Trembling, I averted my eyes off him, "why... Why are you saying this to me?"

Jungkook chuckled, leaning closer to me from below, looking up at me as if I had a falling star on my starless night eyes. "You didn't get it?"