Laughter overtook Vivienne's initially surprised features and filled her still-undecorated room alongside a deep,  satisfied chuckle from Azriel.

"Aah, sto-" Vivienne couldn't even finish because she was laughing herself breathless.

"Azriel," he kissed her exposed neck where her loose white shirt had fallen off her shoulder while she was squirming underneath him and Vivienne giggled again, "We have to get ready."

"Who?" Azriel asked, now happy to feign his own innocence at her, before tickling her again.

"Az," Vivienne squeaked in between yet another laughter fit.

Azriel stopped his wandering fingers for long enough to look at her with raised brows and laughter once again filled the room.

Shrieking and bright-eyed, Vivienne finally understood what he wanted to hear and a satisfied smile caressed her features.

"Babe, we have to get ready if you're planning to take me on a date," Vivienne observed Azriel's face as one of his breathtakingly beautiful smiles spread on his lips.

He only leaned down and planted a quick kiss on Vivienne's lips before standing up and offering her a hand.

"See you in fifteen minutes...babe," Azriel winked with a smirk before leaving her room.

---

A hint of a smile still lingered on Azriel's features as he leaned on the wall opposite Vivienne's room, waiting for her to come out so they could officially start their date.

Today had gone surprisingly interesting. From the moment he woke up with Vivienne in his arms, to hearing Rhys that had come to an agreement with Kallias, even if that meant he wouldn't see Vivienne for a while, and now this spontaneous laughing fit.

Azriel was unbuttoning the top few buttons on his black dress shirt when he realised it. He was head over hills for this girl...and he loved it.

If his breath hadn't hitched just then, it definitely would have when Vivienne's door opened. He had always been taciturn, had always known what to say and when for it to be the most impactful, but for the first time in his life he was utterly speechless.

---

Vivienne couldn't help the smile that overtook her lips. He looked incredible and her heart warmed at the thought that he put effort into his look. The black shirt, unbuttoned just enough to show his collarbones and the edges of the tattoos covering his chest. Even his hair was effortlessly styled, but it had nothing on the expression on his gorgeous face.

She felt as if all the lights in this world were directed at her, but in the shine, she could still see only him.

While she'd been getting ready she hadn't thought he'd be this stunned. There was barely any makeup on her face, except for the kohl on her lashes and the red on her lips and her brown hair was just flowing loosely over her shoulders.

Even her clothes were a little more than casual. Her white top was tight, and lacy, but not too revealing and her black leggings looked almost like her training ones. But she hadn't wanted to wear a long dress since she didn't know what exactly they'd be doing and well, mostly because she didn't feel like it.

The red on her lips was a new thing for her as well, but why not experiment a little, Vivienne had thought to herself as she ran her eyes along all the shades of lipstick. She couldn't know for sure when she'd be able to use it again, because it definitely wasn't an essential item to bring with her to Winer Court.

Azriel still seemed unable to form his thoughts so Vivienne spoke, "Az, you look so good."

He seemed to find the words, "You look absolutely stunning, babe."

Vivienne rolled her eyes at him, silently glad that Feyre had taken her to a special little store after lunch where she bought the white top. She linked her arm through his, welcoming the warmth that spread in her heart with open arms.

---

Once they were on the bustling streets of Velaris, Vivienne finally broke the comfortable silence, "So, what are we doing today?"

Azriel looked down at her, the Sun bringing out the golden-brown in his eyes, "Actually, I didn't really make a plan."

Vivienne's hand flew to his chest to stop them just before Rainbow Street, the artsy area of Velaris. "What?" She couldn't hide the surprise colouring her face, "Azriel doesn't have a plan?" Even though she looked completely shocked the twinkle in her eyes uncovered her teasing.

"I just thought we could walk around the city, grab something to eat and maybe go to the beach if we have time," Azriel's not-plan sounded very much like a plan and Vivienne started walking again.

"I would love that," she said as Azriel's hand snuck up her back, his cold hands sending shivers up her body where the lace exposed her skin, and put it around her shoulders, pulling her closer to him.

Vivienne took his opportunity to share some of her warmth with him, earning her a mindless kiss on her temple like they'd been doing this for ages. And she didn't bother hiding the smile as she thought of a future with him.