Chapter 12

Rogue man in human form running with the children he kidnapped through the woods. Song Bryan Adams You Can't Take Me Lyrics.

Warning ⚠️ contains violence

Alba's POV

"Your Majesties please I beg you, I need to help get your packs pups to safety." I desperately looked to them. "Your Majesties if anyone can rescue your packs pups it's my mate, it's her destiny to protect pups. There's no one better believe me." Mitch bowed in respected. I was itching to be released. "The Queen looked sceptically in my direction, come on we're waisting precious time, the ache in my chest came from the fright in their packs pups. I let Aurora surface as I turned to the guards who looked scared from my eyes changing. "EVERYONE OUT OF MY BLOODY WAY NOW!" The guards gulped and looked to the King he must of signalled for them to let me out. As soon as the door opened enough I squeezed out as everyone came out after me. West Alba I didn't hesitate I shifted in front of everyone I caught a glimpse at Mitch shifting and took off into the skies. I thought of the pups heat source and quickly my eyes snapped to 13 pups being dragged, and carried away screaming for their parents I soared above them and let out a piercing cry. WATCH OUT! I narrowly dodged a flying arrow I focused all around and noticed several archers human, hunters must of come prepared I flew up high extinguished my flames to the point were the naked eye could not see me. I circled around the back shoving the hunters out of the trees were luckily my mate and the King were fast to take them out.
I quickly lit my fire back over my body again and flew out of the canopy for a better viewpoint, found track of Rogues but no children their tracks were still warm meaning I just missed them. The pups must be in that cabin. Correct Alba your training is complete. Now we need to blend. I extinguished my flames again and dove into the undergrowth downwind so the Rogues couldn't smell me. I was mindful of hunter traps as a used my Phoenix like senses to accurately picture each one. I lost Mitch and the royals.
Light it up Alba show the King where we are we'll also let everyone here know we're we are but we got this. I reached my arm out of the bush and imagined all the anger and judgment I've received from my old pack. A beacon of fire burst through my hand and into the sky I knew Koto would know what that signal meant. It stayed floating in the canopy not burning anything it was a signal. "Hey something's here." Your dam right there's something here asshole.
I shifted into my Phoenix and as they approached the bush I was currently behind, I flew up taking them by surprised and pecked their noses so they couldn't smell, I then circled as they began their shift and clawed their eyes out one by one. Now they were pretty much useless I kept them alive for interrogation by the King. They were in a lot of pain, two down however many to go. I flew to the roof tilted me head towards the chimney to hear if there was anyone around the fireplace. No perfect my way in. Even if the fire was lit it wouldn't hurt me. I wrapped my wings tightly around myself and dived head first down the chimney flapping my wings and leaning back as I gracefully landed at the bottom. I took a quick look no one around, I felt the pang in my heart the pups. I could hear a shrill buzzing that offended my hearing. Shit turn it off you'll have to go in human form Alba this hurts.
I followed the ache in my chest it was like looking at dust float in the air as the pups essence guided me through the basement to a trap door. I lifted it up slowly not to make noise and jumped down. I heard screaming and crying it broke my heart, the pups were near. The shrill buzzing noise came from beside me to my left there was a door. "Please no, I'm just a pup please don't take wolf." My eyes opened wide as saucers surely they can't take their wolves, they haven't surfaced yet. I burst through the door.
"Hey leave or die your choice." He was human looks like by the lab coat a scientist with a little boy on the table the machine around him buzzing. The human got a needle of wolfsbane Ha won't work. "Not a werewolf dickless I'm far worse." As he continued to quickly aim to inject my neck I swung him around easily kicked him in his jewels which he groaned and fell clutching his precious nuts. I took my chance to unhook the pup. "Stay close to me I'll get you home, the King is on his way. Close your eyes cover your ears sweetie." I waited until he did I smashed the emergency box containing an axe and the scientist made a threatening attempt to take the axe from me I twirled it round like I knew what I was doing and aimed it for his neck. He didn't stand a chance.
"Run up the trap door there and upstairs" as I talk mates here "you'll find a big black wolf he's my mate ask for Koto tell him Alba sent you to him, he will keep you safe go." He nodded and ran I waited to make sure he got up the trapdoor safely.

I walked down more stairs following the pups essence trail till I met a large old wooden locked door. I knocked the door. "Bonjour housekeeping." An eager looking rogue opened the door only to find me baring an axe as I swung at his face knocking him out. Several more guards came. A comforting growl came from behind me Koto I stepped aside and Koto went loose on them. The rogue guards wore thick gloves so silver cells then, fine with us. Aurora was back. I used my Axe as I smashed the lock and opened the lever the pups were huddled together some were crying others closed their eyes. I sense no injuries let's get them out now. I walked in and kneeled in front of them, they looked at me. "Come everyone it's time to go home to your parents stay close by my side ok." They all looked up with their tear stained faces and smiled. One little girl maybe five or six came up to take my right hand in hers. "Going home we go home now?" I smiled lovingly at her "yes home time."

With the royal guards clearing our path I knew this fight was over and at least we'd have prisoners to question. This wasn't over this battle maybe but something greater was coming I could feel it. I walked with the kids as I helped them up the trap door and up the stairs and out of the manky horrible scary place into the Forrest they were all part of the King and Queens Pack and ran behind the Queen when they saw her. The little girl who took my hand pulled it down wanting me to bend down to her. She cupped her hand around my ear "thank you Guardian." She knew what I was. As if they heard the little girl. They all shouted "Thank you Guardian" as they all smiled brightly to me. They grew up with stories of one day a guardian would save them from their own extinction that the Moon Goddess herself selected her to protect all pups. Wow so know they see me as the legend from the story. Haha Sweetie we are that legend from the story.
Koto was by my side I kissed his head. "Is it bed time yet Koto?" He shook his head to say no but licked my cheek.
"Luna Alba wha... thank you for saving the pups I'm so glad I lived long enough to meet the Guardian herself. Thank you for saving our pups." High praise from the Queen of werewolves. "Not at all your majesty I'm happy to help your pups." She smiled and nodded her head to me in respect as she turned and gracefully guided the pups who walked behind her leading them home.