40

Please enjoy my new book covers for this series lol

ALSO without giving anything away this chapter has some stuff in it that might be true or might not be true. I'm not saying this is how it is (since this book is supposed to be realistic) but this is just how I wanted to play things out for story purposes :) 

...

Amelia

I pull my pencil skirt down just a tad as I walk down the streets of New York City to the recording studio Harry is at. I told him I would stop by after work, seeing as he isn't terribly far away - just a couple of blocks. Our daily routine for the past couple months, since I managed to get a job at a small publishing company nearby, has consisted of Harry driving me to work, him going to the studio, me meeting him there afterwards, and then him driving the both of us home. It was a little hard to get used to since I was so used to doing literally nothing, but I've grown to like the little routine we've created. 

I was ecstatic when I received a call back from one of my interviews to a publishing company. I didn't think I would get the job since they took a while to get back to me, but nevertheless I was glad that they finally did reach out, especially because they had a job offer for me. I don't do much, basically just making spreadsheets or answering phone calls, but I'm hoping that if my boss likes me enough he'll be willing to publish an upcoming novel that I have. I've been working on it for about a year now and I'd like to finish it up as soon as possible. Of course I know it needs plenty of editing, and most likely a rewrite or two, but I'd like to get the first draft done in the next few months. It's important to me that I stay determined to have this novel published. 

Harry was happy for me when I told him about my new job, but of course I noticed the disappointment in his eyes at the same time. I know he was hoping that I would be able to accompany him for the next half of his tour, but I can't now with this new job. I only just barely convinced my boss to let me tour with Harry for the last couple weeks. When he comes to New York, I'll tag along and he'll take me with him for the remainder of his tour. It's not the whole tour, or even the North American leg of it, but it'll still be fun and we're both looking forward to it. 

A bell chimes when I open up the door to the recording studio. Immediately I'm met with the sound of music playing. It must be Harry's band, since they've been staying nearby for the past couple weeks. Harry wanted to work on a couple new songs with them and they were gracious enough to do it in New York. I know he was looking to go to California at one point but he opted to stay home with me instead and I was glad the band didn't mind. 

I walk down a series of hallways until I meet the actual recording area. I smile when I see Harry behind the microphone with his band surrounding him, playing some unknown song that has a bit of a rock kick to it. 

"Aha!" Harry shouts when he sees me, effectively ruining whatever they were working on. The band stops abruptly as Harry jogs over to me. 

"Hi, love," I greet Harry when he reaches me. His arms wind around my waist in a tight hug causing me to giggle. 

"Hi, love bug. I missed you," he whispers. He pulls away and kisses my lips twice. "How was work?" 

I sigh and shrug slightly when he releases me altogether from his hold. 

"It was okay. Just boring and mindless as usual," I tell him, causing him to frown. "How was your day? Sounds like you've been working on something new," 

Harry's lips upturn just the slightest amount in a subtle smirk at my attempt to divert the conversation back to him. 

"I have...kind of. Do you mind staying for an hour or two? I want to play you some songs. I want your opinion," he says.