35

Thank you for all the birthday wishes :) Also for the compliments on my tattoo. It means a lot <3

Also this is a really short filler chapter as a heads up (I explain why at the end lol)

...

Amelia

I fiddle with my fingers as I walk into the arena with Mitch by my side. I'm both nervous and excited for the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. Of course I'm looking forward to seeing Harry perform, but I'm nervous for the obvious reasons that have been keeping me awake right now - seeing him surrounded by all these beautiful models in next to nothing. 

I wound up not telling Harry about my encounter with Crystal last night. I wanted to, but I opted to just keep him in the dark so I could preserve his good mood. He was exceptionally giddy yesterday with happiness and I just couldn't put a dent in that. So I just didn't say anything and honestly I don't think I want to. 

I'm not one for keeping secrets from Harry. We're definitely in a happy and healthy relationship. I know I can talk to him about anything but this is just one subject that I can't seem to bring up. I think part of it is because I don't want Harry to know what a bitch Crystal was to me. I don't want him to fret over the impact her words had on me but the other reason is that I feel dumb for thinking this way. I'm just being self conscious and perhaps a little dramatic. I don't want Harry to see this side of me if I'm being honest. 

"Are you okay?" Mitch quietly asks me as we walk backstage. 

Mitch, on the other hand, knows vaguely what happened. He was texting me last night and told me that he saw Crystal talking to me. He wanted to know what happened and I told him very vaguely. He didn't seem too pleased about keeping it from Harry when I asked him not to say a word about it but he also said he understood why I wanted to keep it between us. 

"I think so," I answer. 

"It'll be okay, Amelia. Just focus on Harry and don't let those girls bother you. He's dating you. Remember that. All the girls here are just jealous of you and want to get in Harry's pants but he only has eyes for one person," 

I smile at Mitch's kind words and reach up to give his shoulder a squeeze. 

"Thanks, Mitch. I really appreciate your support, I hope you know that. I know I shouldn't be keeping stuff from Harry but...I dunno, I just can't talk about it with him," I tell him. 

"I get it. Definitely talk to him if things escalate but I'll be here for you until then, okay?" he responds. 

"Okay,"

The two of us walk in a comfortable silence until we reach this lounge area backstage. A huge flatscreen is plastered on the wall so we can watch the show from the front angle. There are also several large couches as well as a table filled with refreshments. I'll definitely be getting acquainted with those later. 

A couple stragglers linger in the room. Most of them are crew members but my eyes catch a pair of familiar green ones. He breaks out into a smile when he sees me and excuses himself from the conversation he was immersed in with Leslie Odom Jr, another performer. 

"Wow, you look fucking amazing," Harry breathes when he reaches Mitch and I. 

"Thanks, so do you," Mitch replies. 

Harry snickers. 

"I was talking to my lady but yes, Mitch, you also look spectacular. Did you do something different with your hair?" he says. 

"I showered," 

"Ah yes, that'll do it," 

I giggle at the interaction. Harry beams as well and then leans down, pressing a feather light kiss to my lips before bringing them to my ear.