26

HI MY LOVES

It became a part of his routine to visit Juhee's room early in the morning before she woke up, so you could imagine Chenle's anguish when he was met with an empty room

"Fuck."

Either she escaped or worse one of the members got to her. His mind raced as he began imagining the worst. He knew one person would have the answers.

It was 6 am and the house was eerily silent. Chenle's boots clattered against the tile flooring, he rounded the corner to Taeyong's room. Knocking on the door, he didn't wait for a reply. He pushed the door open and stalked inside.

"Hyung where-" Chenle's eyes landed on Taeyong's figure. His back was facing Chenle as he stared at the sunrise. Cigarette twirling in his hand.

Seeing that Taeyong was already up so early, Chenle knew that Taeyong was the culprit.

"Where is Juhee?" Chenle snapped. He couldn't feign respect when his insides were close to exploding.

"She's safe." Taeyong mumbled. Irritation clear in his voice, Taeyong turned slowly facing Chenle. His dark circles on full display. Taeyong scoffed when he was met with Chenle's cold glare.

"You're so weak Chenle." He spat coldly. "But if you must know, I'm performing a brain scan to analyze her emotions. It'll reveal if she's lying to us. If she's tricking us."

"Brain scan? You're using Kun Hyung's technology, the one that hasn't been tested yet?"

"So what if I am?"

"It could kill her."

"And that's a problem because?"

Chenle was once Taeyong's ace and now he was doubting his abilities. Chenle was risking everyone's lives because of a girl and that was enough to make Taeyong hate the girl, but the brain scan was Taeyong's olive branch. If it came back with positive results then he would know that the girl truly didn't know anything. That there was no subconscious guilt in her head.

"She's fine. I checked on her earlier." Taeyong finally admitted after a pause. "You can check on her."

Chenle didn't say a word, he simply turned on his heels and ran towards Taeyong's office.

Taeyong turned back to the balcony, roughly slamming his hands onto the railing. He knew what it felt like to lose the person you love. He knew what it did. And it wasn't worth it. Not for Taeyong at least.

He would tolerate the girl for Chenle, but if Chenle's performance worsened or if her presence brings danger then he would throw her out himself. And if the brain scans revealed that she was lying, he would toss her body out. Secretly he hoped she was a spy. It would make everything so much easier.

Chenle waited for the retinal scan to complete before he pushed the doors open

Chenle waited for the retinal scan to complete before he pushed the doors open. He was almost blinded by the bright LED lights in Taeyong's lab. And there in a hue of white light was Juhee. Chenle only expelled a breath of air after he saw her. He sighed. She looked at peace.

When he would check on her in the mornings, her sleeping face would be covered with dried tears. Her lips pulled into a pout, but here she looked peaceful. He walked closer to her. The bar on the screen behind her indicated that the scan would be complete in another hour and Chenle felt relieved. He could be with her for another hour without worrying about her being awake.

Chenle had to keep her at an arm's length away because he knew he couldn't love her, but he needed to protect her.

Running his hands through his disheveled hair, he sat down beside Juhee. He slowly brought up his hand and brushed his fingers against her plump cheeks. His thumb ran across her long eyelashes before sliding down to her pink lips. They were slightly chapped. Chenle smiled as he remembered how she had more lip glosses in her pencil bag then actual pencils. He never imagined he would like someone like her, but now he was risking so much for her.

"Fuck Juhee. I hate you. But I like you. But I don't even know you. And I know I shouldn't. But I can't help it."

Looking at her now he knew for sure,

Zhong Chenle really does like Goo Juhee.

Stupid Lele we been knew🤪

I know I rarely update this book and it is going slow as hell, but i promise i'll try to update more regularly after all my college apps are done.

Also do you think chenle's feelings for juhee are coming on too fast?

Guys the election is so crazy right now i'm scared.

Anyway i need to sleep it's 1 am and I have class in the morning love that.

LY GUYS BYE