|

I think I've legit lost it this time, Harry thought. The Golden Boy, able to face He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named multpiple times with his sanity intact, had cracked under the pressure of the muggles surrounding at him.

I really, really must be crazy.

The muggles around him, though seeming aware of my slipping sanity, did not falter. They continued their jeers as they pushed him around to each other, like they were throwing a ball.

"Dudley left you!" One, out of what seemed to be a group of nine, of the muggle girls giggled, and Harry's heart pounded in his ears as she said, again, what made Harry Potter feel like he'd finally lost his marbles, "Dudley ran off, said something about being better than you!-" some whispers of 'and he is right!' were muttered throughout the crowd, but Harry ignored them in favour of the girl speaking orginally, "And he said he was told he was more powerful than you'd ever be! Some really tall guy took him away."

"He was pretty cool, actually!" One tall and informal boy intrupted, "The tall guy, I mean. He took us in to have tea with Peatunia, she was rather nice to the tall guy, and he told us we were all very lucky to know such a special boy."

"He mentioned you, too." A small voice spoke from the back. He was the shortest, and he had not gotten in on the fun of pushing Harry around like a rag doll. He sounded familar, though Harry could not quiet put his finger on who it was. The voice demanded attention, and got it. "He said that you were a mistake. You were not 'Golden,-"

"Whatever that meant," A blonde girl rolled her eyes.

The short boy contuined as if he had not been interrupted: "He said a bus would come in the morning, and he sent us to," and his next words were spoke in a deep, commanding voice that was obviously meant to be mocking Hagrid's, " 'Tell the brat that he's to pack his things, Dumbledore no longer had any reason to make the Dursely's suffer his presence, and to give him one last beating, for the road'."

The group laughed and taunted Harry, ready to give him that last requested beating. Harry still seemed to be questioning whether he was bonkers or not, but before the group could start throwing fists at the stunned fourteen year old boy's face, a voice cut through the air.

"Stop, you fuckers."

The small boy's voice cut through the choas. Everyone backed away from Harry hesitantly. The boy, who was becoming more and more recognizable as he drew closwr to Harry.

Maybe Harry really HAD lost his mind.

Harry's eyes, glimmering with recognition, met the boy's gray and cold eyes. They narrowed in a glare, though his mouth was set in a smirk.

Bending down close, so that only Harry could hear, the boy who whispered, "Did you miss me, Potter?"

Harry's reponse was not so quiet, as Harry practicslly spat out the words: "Tom Riddle."