¶∆

The sensation is eerily identical to the feeling of being contained in the diary; save a few key changes. Here, Tom can go in and out of his physical form at will. (A blessing, he considers. He is no longer trapped in the confines of his own mind, left to do nothing, see nothing, be nothing except a diary stowed away. He is undeniably free, though it may not be a full one it is appreciated nonetheless.) Another key change is Tom has no way to talk with the people of the Real World. He does not get to write and receive answers anymore. To the Real World, Tom is no one.

But another welcomed change makes it all a bit better; he feels a grounding sensation in his mind, something so attached to Harry's that he does not want to ever let go. Now that he has made contact with another part of himself, another horocrux, he never wants to leave. He is content to stay, slipped onto his dear's finger and listening to the Real World though he is not then a part of it.

He is looking forward to the night, he finds, so he can come out of the shell, the home that is the ring, and chatter with Harry and hold him and be a part of the Real World, if even just for that night. The morning will come and he will be forced to retreat into his makeshift existance. The morning will always come because even though Tom is powerful, he cannot get change these conditions nor can he stop the sun.

The morning will come so he must learn to be content with the night.

Tom discovered that he can communicate with Harry while in the ring, but this is more worrying than soothing. It is something all horocruxes can do, he knows, and Harry's Occlumency sheilds are not strong enough yet. But Tom believes that the other horocruxes will not have as strong as connection to Harry, because they haven't made any physical connection to him. He intends to keep it that way.

There is so much to do during Harry's third school year. So much yet so little; it is mostly just waiting and hiding and hoping and learning, learning always learning. Tom knows it will not be so easy as just going through the year idly, going through the year sleepwalking (yet cannot help but hope, something very odd for Tom) because they are i  a very interesting (read: difficult) situation.

Harry and Tom, as a unit, are the third side of a war intended for two.

Dumbledore and Voldemort; Light and Dark; good and bad. Those are the pre-set sides. But Albus Dumbledore made, what Tom would consider to be, a mistake and created a rift between the two sides. He isolated Harry and, though he did not know it, in turn, isolated Tom from them as well.

Voldemort; Dumbledore; the Horocrux due. Black; white; grey. (Yet is has never been that simple.)

Nonetheless, Tom hopes for an easy-going school year, rolling right in and out and soon into Harry's fourth year, where he can finally get his diary-form returned to him.

But Tom knows that when bonded with someone such as Harry Potter, easygoing is nearly impossible.

End of part one

a/n
the second part will be continued in this same book. the parts will be seperated by Harry's school year.
Harry's going back 2 Hogwarts !! how exciting. with fake friends, an irritating cousin, scheming headmaster, and snake-faced hoe, it's sure to be a blast for our dear boys.

word count: 554