∆|

Sirius Black had done the impossible-- escaped the inescapable Azkaban. Him being on the run started, and ended, with a Prophet newspaper. He saw the slander of his godson-- the lies brewing hate toward Harry. He saw and he raged.

His mind was in a state of disarray, but he held onto this goal with clarity. It mattered-- proven the lengths he would go to clear Harry's name. Being on the run was not fun. Food was still as sacarce as in prison. He could never afford to change out of his Animagus form.

It was not fun. But it was better-- if only for the sense of life and the possibility of happiness that came flooding into him. He had originally intended to go straight to the Ministry and demand a trial (to clear Harry's name, he must clear his own, first.) After more than a moment's thought, Sirius realized that was a really quick way to get blasted.

It took him a while to think of a plan two and even then, it wasn't the most brilliant train of thought he'd had; just the best he had at that time. Seeing as Dumbledore was the one who started the whole debacle, it was inadvisable that he'd go to him. It always mean that most of the teaching staff was out of the question, too-- but that didn't mean going to Hogwarts was out of the question.

Sirius had been pratically raised by the teaches of Hogwarts. Surely, one of them would believe him. Or hear him out, at the very least.

He debated on which teacher to ask, while also considering that there might be far too many new teachers, before he was saved from the endeaver entirely.

The solution-- dropped right in his lap-- was brought on by the death of Peter Pettigrew. (The cowardly fucking RAT--)

Evidently, the death of a man who was supposedly dead twelve years brought some things into question. More specifically; the events of the night of Godric's Hollow. Sirius snags a newspaper and is astounded by the contents.

The Ministry is looking for him, still-- but no longer for incarceration. They ask for him to show up at the Ministry so they can schedule a trial. It's something that they should've done in the first place, it's the bare minimum but it's the best thing he's seen in twelve years.

He's mildly disappointed that a cat (a cat!) got to kill the traitorous rat, but he tries his best not to let it get to him. He's got a better things to do than mourn the past. It's time to do what he should've done all those years ago-- play trial and adopt Harry. And, just as importantly, heal.

Sirius walks as a person, for the first time since his escape, into the Ministry and knows that he won't ever get over the past-- it's there for a reason and to ignore it entirely is impossible-- but that it's time to move forward with his life.

It's time to move on.