VIII

After a long week of rest (and not rest wink wink) and relaxation from both sides of the couple, Aurora was beginning to see the bright side of her situation. Sure, her whole life had crumbled down to ashes in under a day, what was her home only two weeks ago was now a place that she could never go back to and she had just lost the one thing that had comforted her for months on end, but Aurora felt like she was under a spell. She couldn't help but smile and feel giddy whenever the prospect of a new life popped into her head. A life specifically with her new mate, one that had nothing to do with Helion and the horrible life she tried to forget.

"Why are you so smiley?" A groggy Azriel asked, laying across from Aurora on the bed. The sunlight was streaming in through the open window, and there was a peaceful aura to the room.

"I just feel like I'm dreaming" Aurora replied. "I feel as if I'll wake up and all this will be gone, so I have to enjoy it as much as possible while I am still here."

Azriel reached out and pulled Aurora's body flush against his. He slowly kissed her on the forehead and wrapped his hands to hug her.

"Well..." Azriel whispered in her ear "If I wake up and find out I was dreaming, I would storm Helion's mansion to find you. And If you weren't there, I would search the ends of the earth to find you."

"Well what if you made me up? What if I'm just a figment of your imagination?" Aurora mused.

"My mind is not imaginative enough to envision an angel such as yourself my dear."

"You sure know how to romance a girl."

"I've had more than enough time to practice."

"So... what's next? As much I would love to stay in this cabin forever with you, I'm sure you have all sorts of super secret shadowsinger things to do back in the night court."

"Well, we could start by flying back to our home."

"Our?" Aurora whispered, tearing up.

"That's right, now that I have you, I refuse to separate from you once."

"Oh Azriel." She cried, burying her face into his chest. "Let's go home."

*Time Skip*

After gathering everything from the small cabin, Azriel grabbed up his mate and winnowed his way to the house of wind. "Don't worry. You'll love it." He whispered in Aurora's ear just before they landed in a bedroom of the house.

"I'll let you get settled in and changed." Azriel said, holding Aurora's hands. "I'll be waiting downstairs when you're ready to meet everyone.

Azriel made his way down to a waiting Rhysand. "How is she?"

"Better than I anticipated." Azriel said,

"100 gold pieces" Cassian call out, walking up to the pair.

Confused, Rhysand says "What are you going on about now Cassian?"

"I bet both of you 100 gold pieces... that Nesta rips Aurora to shreds."

"Do you understand what she has been through?" Rhysand lectures, throwing his hands up in the air. "Go tell Nesta to be nice."

"200 that Aurora wins." Azriel jumps in, smirking at Cassian. "You have no idea what you're getting into."

"What is the matter with both of you?!" Rhysand bellows

"What is it this time?" Feyre calls walking in with Amren.

"They're betting on Nesta vs Aurora!" Rhysand explains "Unbelievable am I right?"

"Put me down for Nesta." Amren says "Poor girl, she is going to be in tears before she can even say hello."

"Well I have faith in Aurora. She's tough." Feyre adds.

"You too?!" Rhysand shakes his head.

"Oh loosen up Rhys, she'll love it here. Stop worrying." Feyre says as she takes Rhysand's hand and moves him next to her.

Aurora was in her room, looking at herself in the mirror. The night court's colours looked good on her, and she finally felt at home. Pushing down, her nervousness on meeting everyone, she stepped out of the room and began down the large staircase. Azriel was at the bottom smiling at her, together with her new family.

Once she got down to the bottom, Azriel gave her a quick kiss and pulled her waist against his. "Aurora, you already know Cassian, Rhysand and Feyre." Azriel said as she gave each person a hug. "This is Amren. The second-in-command."

"Nice to meet you. I was always curious what Azriel's mate would be like. I hope you have a better sense of humor than him." She said nudging Azriel.

"I'd like to think so." Aurora said laughing at her mate's rolled eyes. "I talk more than him if that's a bonus,"

"Definitely." Amren said before Nesta walked in.

"What's going on? She coldly said. "Cassian told me to come down. This better be important"

"We'd like you to meet Aurora, Azriel's mate." Rhysand announced.

Nesta looked Aurora up and down, slowly walking towards her with a stern look.

"Here it comes." Cassian muttered, earning a subtle pinch from Feyre.

"Hello." Aurora said, not quite sure how to approach the disdainful woman. "I've heard so much about you from Feyre. It's so great to finally meet you."

"Hmm." Nesta simply murmured.

"I've heard the library here is quite extensive. I'm excited to see it." Aurora said, trying to relieve the tension.

"Come with me, I'll show you where it is." she said before walking away. Not waiting to see if Aurora was following.

"Well I guess I'll see you guys later." She said, separating herself from Azriel, giving him a kiss on the cheek and speeding after Nesta.

"What just happened?" Cassian asked dumbfounded.

Chuckling, Azriel patted him on the back. "Looks like none of us won." He said and walked away.

"I think that;s the most positivity that I have ever seen in Nest at once." Feyre said, still amazed at what just happened.

"If Nesta likes her, that's a good sign... right?" Amren said

"Azriel sure met his match." Rhysand said before they all separated.

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿

What do you want to see? (Im so out of ideas yall HELP ME)

What do you want your last words to be?

Should I make Elaine jealous of Aurora? (im a sucker for a bitch fight)