VII

In her mind, Aurora understood her situation. Helion would likely throw a fit and maybe punch a few holes in his wall, but once he knew that he no longer had an heir, he would likely not pursue him. It almost hurt Aurora's pride, knowing that he would not search for her. She didn't want him to, but they were married after all. To recognize that there was no deeper attraction more than just appearance really made her reflect on her life. Now that she had finally found her mate, she finally had something to live for. Still in Azriel's arms, she decided that she would no longer allow Helion's previous grip on her life to affect the new one she was determined to create.

"I'm sorry" Azriel whispered into her ear.

"There's nothing to be sorry for. It wasn't your fault, there was nothing you could do." She responded with her tearing eyes still buried in Azriel's shoulder. "I was stupid to thing a baby would last with me in that house."

"Don't say that. This was not your fault."

Aurora wanted to say something, but all she could do was squeeze as hard as she could until the lump in her throat went away on its own.

Azriel's voice wavered and was course as he spoke. "I- There's something I need to tell you."

"I know."

"You know?"

"I know." And with that Aurora slowly lifted herself off Azriel and grabbed his hand. Confused, Azriel let her lead him to the kitchen. Leaving him against the doorframe, she went and opened up the cupboards. Still wondering what she was doing, Azriel watched Aurora with curiosity as she went on her tippy toes to reach a can that sat alone, covered in cobwebs. As she brought the bottle up to her face and blew off the dust coating. Understanding clicked inside Azriel and his throat tightened.

"I hope you like corn because that's the only edible thing in this place" Aurora said nonchalantly. Unable to talk, Azriel stared wide-eyed at the gesture. "I mean if you absolutely hate corn or are severely allergic, I guess we can wait. I can't promise I can make anything much better than this but-" she continued rambling.

"-Aurora" Azriel muttered. This made her stop talking and look into her mate's eyes. "You have no idea how long I have been waiting for you." And with that he tenderly kissed Aurora slowly and gently. "Corn-or a five course meal, I don't care."

"Well then you better let me go so I can make this damn corn." She smiled, nose resting against Azriel's. "And if you throw up, don't blame me."

"I don't think you can get food poisoning from corn Aurora."

"Who knows what is living in this, it looks like it has been here since the beginning of time."

"I wouldn't be surprised. This cabin is a hideaway for the Court of Dreams. Cassian has often spent weeks hiding out here from a pissed-off Amren and I sometimes stay up here for a weekend if I'm doing some work in the area. Between the two of us, there aren't many groceries being bought regularly."

"I can see that." Aurora said as she moved out from under Azriel's arms. Lighting the burner, she placed a pot filled with water over the element and poured in the corn. It all came out with one big shlop and resembled nothing like corn. Both Aurora and Azriel looked at eachother. "You can not eat that Azriel. You will die. Let's just wait."

"I don't care if I hurl up all my guts, as I said before, I will wait no longer."

"Have fun dying." Aurora said as she continued to stir the pot until the food looked somewhat like chunky soup. Not 10 minutes later of comfortable silence and neck kisses, Aurora turned the fire off and scooped up a pile of whatever she just made into a bowl. Trying her hardest not to laugh, she grabbed a spoon, and handed it to Azriel before hoisting herself up onto the counter.

Azriel lifted a big spoonful of the muck up to his mouth. As he put it into his mouth, Aurora couldn't help but giggle. He retracted the spoon and held the mixture in his mouth. Unable to swallow, he lifted his eyes to Aurora who burst out laughing. "Spit it out! You'll make yourself sick." Azriel slowly swallowed the chunks and coughed into his hand.

"No."

"What do you mean no!?"

"I mean, no, I'm going to finish this like my life depends on it."

"Azriel, no. I don't care if you don't eat it, at least you know not to ask me not to cook from now on."

"I won't hear any more of it, my beautiful mate made me this, and I intend to finish it." Aurora blushed at the compliment, but before he could take another spoonful, she crashed her lips into his and distracted him while her hands worked at the bowl, prying it out of his hands. Once his hands automatically gave up and moved to her cheeks, Aurora jerked off the counter to the sink and poured it out.

"Hey! I was going to eat that."

"I know. That's why I did it. I'm saving you from yourself."

"You monster." Azriel said as he grabbed Aurora by the waist and pulled her close."You played dirty."

"Get used to it."

*Fade to black, you know what happens next, cough cough chapter 55 cough cough*

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿

Is the story moving too fast?

What is a movie that you can watch over and over again?

BE HONEST, did I move too fast past the fact that her baby just died? (I mean I'm too lazy to change it, but im curious)