VI

Right after she left the room, Aurora ran as fast as she could to her library. Tonight she was not going to be spared from any pain, and she had to get out. Closing the door and locking it, she hoped she would be safe. Helion had once vowed to never go in the library and give Aurora her space, but she had no doubt in her mind that would not stop him tonight.

Back in the living room, Helion kicked back a glass of a strong smelling alcohol and got up from his chair. "I trust you all can see yourselves to your rooms." He said "I don't think I will be back down this evening." As he started moving towards the staircase, Azriel jumped up, predatory instincts kicking in. Rhysand stepped in front of him. "Helion, I cannot stand by and watch you do this to yourself and your wife. This behaviour is not acceptable."

"I take no orders from you Rhysand, this is my court and my household. I shall do what I want. And I'm afraid I cannot let you interfere tonight" He said as a gust of wind pushed the doors to the sitting room closed and made a wall of wind in front of it. Immediately, Azriel charged into the door shoulder first only to be thrown stumbling back by the swirling winds.

"It's no use Az, he's a high lord. You can't get through this."

"What do you expect me to do?" He gritted out. Fryer and Cassian we're currently testing out the windows only to find identical borders of wind blocking the exit.

"Do what you need to do, but we aren't getting out of this with brute force. Feyre can try getting us out using her wind powers from Helion, but we need to think clearly."

As the faint screams and shouts start from the second floor, Azriel's eyes widen and he slowly moves to the couch. "Feyre..."

"I'm on it" she said sympathetically.

The near silent screams filled the quiet atmosphere and deepened the pressure. Cassian and Rhysand were standing near a window, talking quietly about possible plans. Feyre worked and studied the wind wall in front of the glass doors. And Azriel was crouched on the couch, head sulked in his knees knowing he is useless.

Suddenly the winds stopped as the cries dyed down to a deadly silence. Azriel jumped up and without hesitation ran up to the library as fast as lightning. The rest of the company followed closely behind and as they got to the door, Azriel was already running towards the locked giant wood doors.

With a single push, the door to the library heaved open, lock snapping in two. Aurora was laying on the ground, in a ball covered in blood and tears. Her dress was ripped in pieces and was now stained everywhere. Helion stood above her, wiped his forehead of sweat and looked up at Azriel. The eyes that looked back at him were those of an animal ready to pounce. Both males stared each other down, both panting and expectant. Slowly, Azriel walked forward, keeping his eyes on Helion. He stopped above his mate, glanced down at her, looked back up to Helion and dropped to the floor. Carefully, Azriel picked up Aurora, and carried her to the window. From there, he looked a last time at Helion with disgust and hatred in his eyes, and flew out the open window.

"He may spare you Helion, but I will give you no such decency" Rhysand said just before he punched the Lord out cold.

Azriel flew over the day court, every so often looking down to check on his mate. Her eyes were open, but were distant and dazed. She didn't move since being picked up and hadn't said anything the entire time. In the thick of the forest was a small cabin known to only the inner circle. Much like Rhysands old home, it was small and homely. Only filled with a kitchen sitting room bedroom and bathroom, it was small and a perfect getaway for someone not wanting to be seen.

Azriel opened the door and laid Aurora down on the large bed. "Are you okay? A medic is on it's way." He whispered. Aurora turned towards Azriel who was kneeling beside the bed. She grabbed his hand that rested on the edge of the mattress and let a single tear fall down her cheek. They stayed like this for a long time, Aurora almost falling asleep.

There was a knock on the door, and Azriel lightly pulled his hand away and left the room. When he came back, there was an older fae with him. Her cheekbones were sharp and frizzy grey hair was tied into a loose braid. "You will have to wait out here." She said in a frail voice. "I need my space." Azriel nodded his head, and creeped out. Aurora was left in the room, spread out on the bed. The lady pulled out a large bag of medical instruments and tools. Poking and Squeezing, she set to work on Aurora's limp body. Time flying by, fazed out, Aurora didn't move when she packed up. She walked out the door to a waiting Azriel resting on the wall. Quickly, he got up and towered over the old woman. "She healed most of her wounds already but..."

"But what?" Azriel asked nervously.

Aurora didn't need to hear what the medic said to know. "The baby is gone" The whole world seemed like it went silent for both Aurora and Azriel. Neither heard the door close as the Medic fae made her way out. Azriel stood frozen processing the information. The door to the bedroom slowly creaked open and out paced Aurora with watery eyes. Her dress was ripped to shreds, barely covering her torso and The flowers that once complimented the bodice were squished and wilted.Without looking at Azriel, she stepped towards him and embraced him, arms moving under Azriel's and crawling up his back, under his wings. Compared to Aurora, Azriel was giant, he fully engulfed her and held her tight. 

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿

What is your Hogwarts house? (I'm Slytherin)

Anything you want to see in the future?

What is the best fanfic you have ever read?