After the kiss in the greenhouse, both Azriel and Aurora snuck inside, clothes drenched in fountain water. The sun was beginning to set and lit up the sky with pinks and purples. The two departed in the hall to go change. "I have a surprise." Aurora whispered into Azriel's ear before running to her room. Azriel stood, still processing what just happened, in awe. Cassian came running up the stairs, a smile growing as he saw Azriel leaning against the wall opposite Aurora's room.

"So... is she a good kisser?"

"She's my mate." Azriel said breathy, as if still not believing it himself.

"Oh shit dude. What are you going to do?"

"I don't know?"

"Does she know"

"I think so."

"Az...she's married."

Sinking down to the ground on the wall, Azriel said "I know."

Cassian came and sat next to his friend. "Well, it's obvious she's not in love with him, and it's more than obvious she is as infatuated with you as you are with her."

"But she's having a baby. She can't just pack up and move to Velaris."

"Talk to her. And while you are waiting, go change, you are dripping everywhere." At that, both Illyrians rose off the floor and made their ways to their rooms. Azriel dressed in his finest suit and made his way down for dinner. The table was once again set perfectly and Helion was already sitting alone.

"Don't just stand there, come in shadowsinger." Helion said. Reluctantly, Azriel made his way to his usual spot next to Helion. "You left rather early today, where did you run off to?"

"I'm not quite used to the day court sun, so I just went to rest in my room for a bit."

"That's all?" Helion asked, taking a sip of his wine. Not answering, both males stared the other down. After the mating bond clicked in, Azriel felt more protective and irritative. Feyre walked in the room in a navy night court dress with Rhysand and Cassian at her side. Almost sure she heard a growl coming from Azriel, she took a seat and started a conversation to relieve the tension.

"Your house is beautiful Helion, I'm so glad we could get a full tour from someone who knows it's history so well."

Rhysand smiled, clearly trying and failing to keep something inside his and Feyre's mind.

"It's too bad Az had a headache, he would have loved to hear about the past Lords of the day court's horses. Maybe when you are free, you could give him a private tour of everything he missed." Cassian said, earning a side glare from Azriel.

"I'm glad to hear Azriel would be interested in such things, most people find the topic boring. Well seeing as we will have to wait for my wife, and knowing her, she will take forever just to look the exact same as usual." Azriel cringed at the slap at his mate and controlled his thoughts, ready for whatever would be thrown at him.

"Well, the first lord of the day court had a beautiful horse..." Helion began, recalling facts and names off the top of his head about the smallest details. The distant sound of clicking of heels was heard and Azriel's head bobbed up from his look like you're listening position. Slowly, the footsteps descended down the stairs until they reached the bottom and entered the dining room.

Aurora was wearing a thin blue dress with spaghetti straps and flowers sewn into the fabric. Her arms were uncovered, revealing her purple bruises and permanent scars. Gracefully, Aurora made her way to the end of the table and looked directly at Helion's furious face.