A/n: So I just started reading a court of silver flames and it reminded me of this forgotten story so... here we go! I decided to make more conflict cause Auroras that bitch. Tbh after reading more acotar i realized that I dont really like nesta and im now upset i put her as a likeable character in this story. Anyways...

Walking into the grand library following closely behind Nesta, Aurora was slightly nervous and very intimidated by the girl she was following. When they stepped through the large black doors, Aurora was amazed by the cathedral ceilings with hanging lights, a loft circling the room with twirling staircases in each corner and floor to ceiling windows looking out on the mountainside.

This library was nothing compared to that of her old house. There was no dust covering unread books and no furniture set up to perfection, unwelcome to visitors as they would only to disrupt the scenery. It was not pristine white, with gold trimmings everywhere possible, but a dark navy blue with bright constellations adorning the ceilings. Though the colours were dim, the room was well-lit and came across as welcoming and comforting.

"It's breathtaking." Aurora exclaimed quietly.

"I know." Nesta said uncharacteristically emotionally. "The first time I came here, I would even sleep in here. It was the only place I really felt I could stay. Of course, I couldn't tell anyone about that, and if you let it slip, I'll cut your tongue out. I can't have Feyre know this place is growing on me."

"Don't worry, I have no doubt you'll hesitate if I so much as suggest that you like it here."

"Nesta, will you not introduce us already?" A small voice came from the upper corner.

"Ah, Elaine, come down and meet Aurora, Azriel's mate."

Aurora looked up and saw a girl not much younger than herself, perching her elbows on the loft rail. Elaine moved slowly,not keeping her eyes off Auroras as she walked down the twirling staircase.

"It's so nice to meet you Elaine, I have heard so much about you from Feyre and Azriel." Aurora said welcomingly.

"Yes, me and Az spent a lot of time together after I came here. He was really so helpful when it came to cheering me up."

Elaine's nickname 'Az' really stuck with Aurora for longer than she would like to admit. Nevertheless, Elaine was a sister of Feyre, and was to be treated decently.

"You see, I'm not sure if you heard the story, but I was turned by the cauldron and after that, was disconnected from the world. It was only when Az sought out my companionship, that I saw reason." Elaine said, and if anyone else was in the room, they would have thought they loved each other.

Of course, Aurora knew better and replied with the exact same passive aggressivity, "Yes, Azriel talked about what a good friend you are to him."

Nesta, sensing the tension, spoke up "Well, now that we are all acquainted, I think Aurora will want to get settled in before having dinner."

"Yes I think so, where will you be staying?" Elain muttered.

"I think Azriel and I will stay here for the time being, while we sort out a more permanent home."

With that, Aurora turned. "It was lovely to meet you" She said, walking out the door without another word.

Azriel was coming up the stairs as she exited, and upon seeing her, smiled. "Shall we go to our room?"

"That sounds great."

The bedroom was originally only Azriel's, his maps and books still remained, but the bed was switched out to a larger, more comfortable one. It was very modest, not too large in size with minimal furniture and a separate bathroom filled with only the essentials. Azriel came up behind Aurora and wrapped his arms around her stomach. "Now, this is only temporary darling, I promise that as soon as possible, we will have a house of our own, as big or small as you want it, with no one around to bother us."

"You mean no one around to hear us?"

Azriel raised a brow. "No one around to hear you." He corrected.

"Today was a long journey, you should go to sleep early."

"Only if you will join me, my dear."

"We both know that if I join you, there will be no sleeping involved."

"Now what's the matter with that."

"Only that these walls are thin, and I don't want anyone hearing you but me." Aurora said, turning into Azriel's embrace.

"Protective, are we?" He mused, tightening his grip.

"Have you talked to Elaine recently?" Aurora muttered, making Azriel let go of his mate and stare into her eyes.

"Why? What happened?"

"I think she is under the illusion that you and her had something going on before I came and spoiled it."

"I can assure you, my love, an illusion is all it is."

"Of course I know that, but it is hard listening to her gush over you."

"Put your mind to rest, Aurora, I'll go down and fetch us some dinner and we can eat in here. No one will mind after what we have all been through."

"That sounds perfect." Aurora said before pecking Azriel on the lips and pushing him to the door. "Now go! I am famished."

Chuckling, Azriel closed the door behind him and went downstairs. Aurora flopped down on the bed, inhaling the room's scent that reminded her of her mate.

There was a knock on the door.

"That was quick." Aurora remarked as she opened the door.

"What are you doing here." Elaine said.

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿

What Hogwarts house are you in? (Im Slytherin)

What did ppl think of ACOSF?

Elaine? Yes? No?