Ch. 10- War of Hearts

Zacznij od początku

I sit on the ledge and pat the spot next to me. Alastor takes his seat and I smile at him before returning my gaze to the view.

"This is my favorite place in all of Hell."

"It's really beautiful." Alastor says.

I nod. We sit there in comfortable silence while we watch the red sun set. In the distance I can she shine of Heaven. I imagine being up there instead of down here.

"Hey Al?"

"Yes my dear?" He looks at me but I keep my gaze on Heaven.

"Do you really think redemption is impossible?" My voice is soft almost afraid of his answer.

"I'm not sure. In all the years that Hell has existed not a single soul has been redeemed."

I nod. I don't know how to tell him I plan on getting redeemed so I ask a different question. "Do you think Charlie could make a difference?"

"Her idea sure is a unique one."

I laugh. "That's the very reason I decided to check out the hotel. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I had just ignored my curiosity and kept walking instead of knocking on that hotel door."

"Well we probably wouldn't have become friends." I look at Alastor as he says that.

"Yeah probably." I look at my lap and fidget with my fingers. Something has been nagging at the back of my mind since our first fight. "Do-" I pause unsure of how to word it. "Do you remember?"

Alastor is silent for a bit before he answers, "yes. I do."

"I'm sorry."

He takes my hand and place his other on my check causing me to look him in the eyes.

"I forgive you. You did what you believed was the best to save yourself." He says softly.

"I-"

"Really (y/n), it's okay." He kisses my forehead softly.

"Thank you."

"Of course my dear."

We stay like that for a while before Alastor gets up and leaves saying he has some business to attention to.

"Come to me
In the night hours
I will wait for you~"

I watch Alastor's form disappear from view.

"And I can't sleep
'Cause thoughts devour
Thoughts of you consume~"

I stroll through the woods. I pause when I hear a twig snap. I look up to see a big buck staring at me with dark bottomless eyes.

I smile and raise my hand to it. It slowly comes closer until it's close enough for me to place my hand on its nose.

"I can't help but love you
Even though I try not to
I can't help but want you
I know that I'd die without you~"

A sound scares the deer and it takes off jumping through the bushes.

"Stay with me a little longer
I will wait for you~"

I snap my fingers and teleport to the top of the tallest building in my territory.

"Shadows creep
And want grows stronger
Deeper than the truth~"

I look over Hell. My territory, my own little kingdom. People fear my name when they hear it.

If I stay in Hell will I love him again? Will we forgive each other and love again? If I go will I regret it? Will I wish I stayed here where I can be with him?

"I can't help but love you
Even though I try not to
I can't help but want you
I know I'd die without you~"

I step up to the ledge as the wind whips around me, blowing my hair in all different directions.

"I can't help but be wrong in the dark
'Cause I'm overcome in this war of hearts
I can't help but want oceans to part
'Cause I'm overcome in this war of hearts~"

I place my hand over the scar above my heart. I feel past the ruff edges for the healed skin to the strong thump of my heart beat.

"I can't help but love you
Even though I try not to
I can't help but want you
I know I'd die without you~"

"I can't help but be wrong in the dark
'Cause I'm overcome in this war of hearts
I can't help but want oceans to part
'Cause I'm overcome in this war of hearts~"

Maybe I can put faith back into my heart.

Eris POV

I look through the window to Hell and watch as my sister talks with a red deer demon. She seems to care a great deal for him.

I smile softly to myself. It's good my sister found some sort of love in Hell.

Even though he's probably done some horrible things to end up down there.

As long as he treats her right.

"Take care of my sister while I can't." I whisper.

-•*•-
Date- 11-28-2020
Words- 1400

Sorry for the wait. I was busy hanging out with my family on Thanksgiving and then putting up Christmas decorations the day after. It's weird the moment Thanksgiving is past we immediately put up Christmas things. My brother was even blasting Christmas music.

I've also been watching the new Mandalorian season and I am in love with it. I was thinking about doing a fic for that series. Would that be something you guys would want to read?

Anyway, happy late Thanksgiving! I am beyond grateful for all of you readers and the votes and comments you guys give me.

Hope y'all enjoyed!

Cya~