004 - A Beauty? What's That?

Mulai dari awal

After Yuna left, Yamato changed into a pair of clothes that was already inside of the closet in the guest room. He had a separate bathroom inside of the room, which was very convenient; perhaps the only thing he could praise the Hideaki family on.

He left his room after he was done, walking down with a slightly faster pace than he would usually walk with. While Yamato was navigating through the complicated hallways of the manor, he suddenly remembered about his phone. It took him quite a while to get used to not having one, but he could probably do without it.

It was certainly needed to distract yourself with other thoughts while walking through the halls. There were servants and guards all around the place, patrolling the hallways like it was some sort of prison. On the outside, it seemed like they were just minding their own business, but Yamato knew that they were the eyes and ears of the young lord, keeping an eye on him at every moment of the day.

As he arrived at the outside front of the manor, he recognized a familiar tall figure, with smooth black hair and a dark indigo suit.

Ah, it's the young lord Hideaki again. I think I'll never get used to him being in the manor, he barely shows up for anything.

Yamato halted his steps behind the taller male, and yet he didn't even bother to greet him.

As expected of a stuck-up noble. Someone of the likes of the young lord would never lower himself to greet a commoner like Aito.

They both stood silently, and still. Yamato glanced up at the young lord, seeing that the man was waiting for something; or someone.

It seemed that Yamato's prediction had been correct- a black and silver carriage soon arrived, an insignia similar, or exactly the same as the insignia he had seen on the young lord's office door three days ago was imprinted onto the side. A tall, noble looking woman exited the carriage, wearing a long black gown with the occasional breaks of silver, very similar to the color scheme of her carriage.

She had short black hair that ever so slightly passed the length of her shoulder, a calm expression, and serene gray eyes. Her elegant face immediately brightened when she caught sight of Hideaki.

"Son!" She exclaimed, strutting over to Hideaki with a wide smile. "Ah, you've become a very fine man from the last time I visited. Five years ago, was it?" She smiled even wider, patting the young lord's head.

Hideaki lightly moved the woman's hand away, his face dusted with a light flush of pink from embarrassment. "I'm sorry, mother... I'm afraid it'd be quite embarrassing for you to do that. Like you've said, I am a grown man now." He responded.

The woman sighed dramatically, "Ahhh, how impolite! I'm your mother. I've raised you from start to end! Can't I at least praise my son a little?"

She turned her fierce, yet somehow friendly gaze to the amethyst haired male standing behind Hideaki, "Oh, who's this?" She asked. Before Hideaki could say anything, she immediately continued, "I'm Ruka Hideaki, the mother of this young man right here." She put a hand on the young lord's shoulder, her smile becoming much more restrained. Although it was less exaggerated, there was a sense of genuineness in it, unlike the physician's smile, Fuyu.

Yamato nodded, "I am Yamato Akira."

Ruka frowned for a split second, but not long after, her eyes shone with an unknown light. "Ah? I've just realized, you're quite pretty for a boy!" She smiled, adding, "I mean it as a compliment. Do you attend Solana Academy? If you do, I wouldn't be surprised if girls fall head over heels for you. Hmm, perhaps my son, Akag-"

The young lord Hideaki cringed, lightly nudging his mother on the shoulder with the back of his hand. "Guests aren't supposed to know the first names of the lords in this house. You've already messed up by telling him your name, mother."