His Lost Gem

Author Pov

"Mom. Where is Ana? " Darian came running to the hospital after hearing about her being in labour.

"She's still inside. They said her condition is not stable. They have to do the operation. " Darian's eyes widened hearing his mother's words.

Operation delivery is not really a rare thing. Nowadays many children's delivered by operation but Darian had no experience in these things that's why he was scared for his wife.

Just why. Why now. Just when he decided to accept his true feelings. Accept the fact that he loves his wife. All this has to happen.

He was busy questioning himself. His body was slightly trembling in fear. Darian tried to convince himself he tried to tell himself that nothing will happen to his wife.

"She will b-be alright. I know my Ana p-promised me she will n-never leave me. " He mumbled to himself nodding his head convincing himself that everything will be alright.

Emily came running followed by Andrew who patted Darian's shoulder. Emily's tears started to fell down making everyone confused as she was crying covering her lips.

"Baby. Don't cry nothing will happen to our Anastasia. Relax " Andrew cooed at Emily side hugging her but she shook her head.

"Nothing will be alright. Nothing. " She whispered crying even harder scaring Darian who stood in front of her with a questionable frown.

"Emily why are you crying like this. Stop crying nothing will happen to my wife. It's just an operation deliver. Nothing is serious. " He said while his body was still shaking a little impacting on his voice.

"Don't tell me she still didn't tell you anything. " Emily questioned him meeting his worried eyes with her teary ones. Emily let out a huge sigh in disbelief thinking that Anastasia still didn't tell him anything.

Before Emily could continue her words. The doctor came out of the operation room removing her mask with stressed expressions.

"Did you people knew about the patient's condition. " Darian frowned at the doctor before he could reply to her Emily said yes to her.

"I knew about her condition. And you can proceed with the operation. I have patients confirmation. I already had submitted it in the reception. Her signature is on the confirmation note."

Doctor without saying anything further went inside the operation theatre. Darian ruffled his hair turning to Emily.

"What the fuck is happening Emily. What are you saying? What confirmation. Please tell me I am going crazy. " Darian questioned her desperately as he was losing his patience.

"I thought Anastasia will tell you one day but I never thought she will take this kind of risk. " No one said anything just stared at her.

"When she came to know about her pregnancy. I did another test on her to ensure hers and child's health. But the test came out not like I expected to be."

Looking up at Darian whose eyes were now started to moisten when he started to realize what was happening but still he didn't want to accept it.

"Either Anastasia or her child. Only one of them can be saved. "

Darian stumbled back on his feet in shock while his tears started to embrace his cheeks. Mrs Black gasped out covering her lips. Anastasia's mother shook her head tearing up. Andrew also gasped out in shock.

"Remember auntie Anastasia had an accident when she was only 10 years old. " Anastasia's mother nodded her head not able to find her own voice after what she heard.