The Fall

You pulled your hair up into a bun, getting ready for your day off. You had a really nice job, designing and creating costumes for Marvel. The pay was nice, and so was everyone who you worked with, but the long work days and hours really took a toll on you, so you took as much time off as you could get. Today, you were feeling on point with your outfit, makeup and hair for a day in the park. You grabbed your headphones and your sketching stuff, and walked to your favorite café by Central Park. You ordered your usual, white chocolate mocha and a chocolate croissant. You decided to go over to Belvedere Castle and do some sketches of the architecture details. You had always loved architecture and incorporated it into your work as often as you could. You even designed an entire line of ball gown dresses centered around each room and area at Hearst Castle. That was a fun project, so many little details and history in each room. You settled in for a quiet sketch day, with your music and food. You watched people go by, watched the sun journey across the sky. Though there were some birds that tried to steal your croissant, the little Daleks.

As the light dwindled and the park became emptier, you finished up your sketching and started walking through the park. The sun was setting, giving everything that dusk glow that you adored. All the families and little kids had gone home, leaving the romantics and night walkers to some peace and quiet. As you walked through the park, soaking in the ambiance, you noticed one of those tour of the stars homes thingys, filled with tourists. You chuckled. Everyone who hadn't been to New York think that people run into famous people every hundred feet. That isn't true. You had lived there for five years and you could count on one hand how many even vaguely famous people you have seen.

You were about to add another to your count.

You were staring at a duck grooming itself on the lake while continuing to walk forward. Bad decision.

*THUNK*

You hit something solid and you were down. "That's going to leave a bruise." murmuring to yourself as you were processing what had happened.

"Holy shit. I am so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going. Are you alright? Here" the tall dark stranger extended his hand, "let me help you up." You reached your hand up and grabbed his hand, mumbling 'thanks' as you got up. Your stuff was scattered everywhere and as you picked up all the loose pages, you made a mental note to invest in a filing cabinet for all your loose pages and projects. You got a better look at the person who you ran into and found it was Sebastian Stan. You weren't all that shocked to be this close to him. You had seen him before and had some polite conversations at the snack table on a movie set a few years ago. So you weren't a crazed fangirl or blushing babe around him. Okay, maybe a little blush. He was pretty good looking. But you were able kept your wits around him. You wondered if he remembered you from those brief moments a few years ago. It was your first Marvel Movie, and you had only spoken to him twice, so you wouldn't be surprised if he didn't know you. You doubted he did. "Here you go. Sorry about, again. I should have been more careful. Maybe I could take you to dinner, make it up to you, ____?"

Holy shit, he did.

You took your pages and pencils back and decided to play hard to get, just to see if he really wanted to make it up to you.
"Thank you, but I'm going to pass on that dinner. I don't go out with people I only just meet."

"Ahh. You're going to turn down this face." He made an adorable puppy dog face. You laughed. Okay, maybe he did really want to make it up, but he may just be riding on his fame, so you kept playing, "Cute. But it's going to take more than that."

His face changed to mock shock, complete with a dramatic gasp. "How did you resist? I've been told I have the best puppy face in the world."

With a chuckle to your voice, "I've been told that I have a heart of ice."

"Maybe if you let me get you some hot chocolate, it may warm up that icy heart of yours."

He had that mischievous look on his face that boys got when they had something up their sleeve. You were cold and curious, so you gave in. "Fiiiinnneeee." with a dramatic sigh at the end. "You can buy me a hot coco."

"Marvelous. There's this really great hot chocolate cart at the entrance of this path. Let's go!" He looped his arm through yours and you were off towards the hot coco before you knew had happened.

You ordered a peppermint with extra whipped cream, because one can never have too much whipped cream and Seb ordered his. You thanked him and walked away drinking your hot coco, wondering if he was interested enough to follow. "Where do you live? I can walk you there." Sebastian offered as he jogged a bit to catch up to you.

Well, he did jog, but you weren't quite done with him. "Is that an offer that is exactly what it seems, or is it a thinly veiled excuse to get into my pants?"

Seb mocked gasped again, "I wait until at least the second date to go past first base."

"A true gentleman." You chuckled, liking the ease with which you chatted.

"Seriously though, I just want to make sure you get home safely and maybe get your number."

"The extra muscle is appreciated. I live a few blocks from here."

You continued talking and sipping your hot coco. You walked up the stairs to your studio. You ripped off a piece of paper from your sketchbook and scribbled your number on it. "Give me a call so I'll have yours." you grinned over your shoulder as you unlocked your door. Seb whipped out his phone and started inputting your number. He looked up, "See you tomorrow?"

"Sure. Text me where you want to meet up. See ya!"

"Bye!"

You opened your door and watched as Seb retreated down the stairs, going in only when he had disappeared. You entered quickly and locked the door behind you before you started jumping around and squealing. You had just flirted with Sebastian Stan, had gotten his number and hadn't freaked the whole time. You were allowed this. You couldn't wait to tell your bestie what had just happened.