Through New Eyes

Another long day past wore on Sebastian's bones and the long day ahead wore on his patience. But the wavy grains of sunlight gracing his newly woken eyes refused to let him rest.

"Fine, if the sun's awake, then I guess I'm fucking awake."

Grumbled from the rising, tangled form that was more or less rolling out of bed, curses to the gods and the fool who invented mornings tumbling from numb lips.

Straightening out the kinks in his back, he began his morning routine. Starting off with the zombie shuffle to the bathroom, then shedding the layer of gross sleep sweat in the shower.

Sweatpants from the floor were deemed clean and odor free enough to be worn to the kitchen for breakfast.

Strong coffee and only semi burnt pancakes soon rode around the apartment, settling in Seb's stomach as he looked out the window from the table. A meeting at 9 with his agent about upcoming roles, interviews and photoshoots vowed to be longer than the one hour his agent promised it would be. So he had left a 2 hour window before lunch with Chris and Mackie.

The subway ride was only lightly pee scented that morning, but fully crowded with suits. Faster than trying to fight through the traffic above ground though.

As expected, the meeting with his agent went long, but not as long as Seb thought it would. He ended up getting out with an hour to spare, and so headed to the best nearby spot to waste an hour, Central Park.

The fall colors really accentuated the season. Crunchy cinnamon leaves peppered the sidewalks, breezes shuffling them up under shuffling feet, bringing a chill filled with scarves and thick coats. Kids being chased by parents who are ready to go back home, leaving the cold to the youngins and couples. Birds populated their homes, flying here and there to insulate it further against the encroaching cold.

The calm here had a light heaviness, sinking in, and to bones made featherweight. But nothing gold can stay, and his hour was up.

40 minutes later, and he was the butt of a joke Chris and Mackie had to have plotted out before hand.

"Yeah, yeah. Hilarious guys. SO original. 'I heard winter's coming early, guess they were right.' as I'm walking up. Fucking nailed that shit."

"Yeah, I'm pretty proud of that one." Chris had such a shit eating grin.

Smug as cats who knew exactly what they did, Chris and Mackie simply took their seats as Seb took his.

Sitting turned to ordering, to eating, to catching up, to plans that couldn't be rescheduled. Lunch was over and the three parted ways.

Late morn had passed to late afternoon. The calm was a little less settled now, as the chaos of night began creeping out from under bridges and shadows of lamp posts. The breeze had a little more bite to it, the leaves held more secrets under their cinnamon crunch. Birds wiser than humans started staying closer to home during their ventures outside of it. The parents had won, and were currently making hot cider for their kids while watching tv. Youngins and couples were still there, but bundled a little tighter now, cuddling closer now. It made the walk through the park nice, left Seb the opportunity to walk around, without being recognized. The quiet of the park let his mind wander to the beauty around him, punctuated with each step he took.

Seb noticed a double decker tourist trap, a bright red metal beetle, plastered with ads for the service. Head burrowed into the popped up collar of his coat and eyes focused on his phone, hoping the tour guide wouldn't spot him.

The scene was set for the perfect disaster.