{It's All Too Loud}

TW// SENSORY OVERLOAD

Tommy knew it was going to be a long day from the moment he woke up. His alarm clock was blaring so loudly that he thought he must've changed the sound of it, taking only a few seconds to realize he hadn't done anything to it. He shrugged it off as being half asleep as he lazily got out of bed, turning the blaring noise off.

The floorboards creeking beneath his feet made him wince slightly at how much the small sound seemed so much louder and made his head ache slightly. This confused him- what was happening? He shook his head a bit and continued on with his morning routine, getting dressed for the day and grabbing his bag before heading downstairs. His parents chatter filled the empty kitchen and metal clanged on metal as his mother cooked. Normally, this was relaxing, a peaceful morning where they could have a calm conversation before the boy would leave for school and they'd leave for work. So why did his head hurt so much from the sounds of his mother's cooking and how come their chatter bothered him?

He checked it up as a headache, only a headache. He took two ibuprofen before leaving to walk to school, normally enjoying the sound of cars buzzing by and other students talking loudly as they walked. Today was different. The sounds of people talking made his head hurt so much, the cars that normally made a nice sound when driving by now only made loud and unbearable noises as he wished for things to become silent. He put on headphones to try and block the sounds out with music but they weren't able to make all the sounds disappear and it wasn't like he could wear them in class.

He knew he'd have to power through the school day despite everything blueing three times louder as his vision blurred slightly. He hadn't noticed the tears that started welling up in his eyes, violently rubbing his face to dispose of the not yet fallen tears. He spent most of his classes and the entire time at lunch with his head down on the cool surface of a desk or table, trying his nets to block out all the noise. A teacher even shouted at him during class which almost made him breakdown from the noise alone. He held everything in as the day continued, the loud voices in the hall and violent slamming of locker doors making him shake from the loud bursts of noise.

Tommy went as fast as he could to get his backpack and swiftly leave the building, letting his legs take him to wherever they felt was safe. He couldn't go home, his parents were both at work and he didn't want to bother them with his problems. Not like he could go back to school, it was triple hell that day. He didn't want to bother any of his friends with this so he felt like he couldn't go anywhere. That is until his feet stopped in front of a familiar house. The house Phil Watson shared with Will Gold and Dave- did he even tell Tommy his last name? Whatever. Dave Blade. The blonde silently decided that in his pounding head as he stared at the house, unconsciously texting his parents that he'd be at Phil's house for a bit that day.

He slowly made his way up to the front porch, wincing and tearing up again when some asshole driver sped by. The noise was so loud already and now it was just pain. He shaking knocked on the door, waiting for less than a minute before it swung open and revealed Dave. He silently let the boy in, most definitely noticing the tears that were close to pouring out of his eyes.

"Everything alright, Tommy? Something happen at school?" His voice was soft, quiet. The blonde liked that, it didn't hurt to listen to. "Just been overwhelming..." he mumbled out as he took his shoes off and placed them on the metal rack they had by the front door, putting his backpack down on the floor before walking over to Dave and plopping his head down on the man's shoulder, a sort of habit he had when he wanted comfort. A pair of arms wrapped around him and held him in a hug as a voice quietly asked "What do you mean overwhelming? You need to give me more than that, bud,"

Even though the man would never admit it out loud he was very fond of the younger to a point he could be overprotective and fairly soft when it came to the young teen. "Too loud...everything is too loud," the other mumbled which made the other frown. He silently let go of the hug and used one arm to guide the boy upstairs and to his room. He knew Wilbur was recording from home that day and he was the only one whose room hadn't gotten sound proofed yet so his voice boomed throughout most of the house besides the other two bedrooms. The recording was starting in ten minutes and the older didn't want the boy to have to listen to the musicians shouts so he brought him to his room.

It was a fairly large room with light pink walls that had a pig snout pattern painted on them in white, a king sized bed with a red duvet, a closet in the corner of the room with multiple items spread around, the blonde didn't really look around too much. His head hurt but at least it was quieter in the room. Tommy watched as Dave pulled out a pair of large headphones and handed them to the blonde, silently watching as the boy put them on and started playing a relaxing playlist he found on Spotify.

He went over and sat on the bed, all noise blocked out except the music. He let out a sigh of relief as he wiped his face and started calming down. He didn't hear as Dave sat down next to him or when he was pulled into a side hug. He snuggled closer to his older brother figure and relaxed as he closed his eyes and listened to the calming music. It was quiet but the headphones blocked all other noise out so he felt at peace, safe.

He ended up falling asleep, getting moved so he would be tucked under the covers as he slept. Dave soon laid down next to him, protectively holding his baby brother to his chest as the boy slept.

Phil had gotten home to the sound of Wilbur screaming as he recorded but no sign of their other friend in sight. He opened the door and saw the man holding the teen while playing with strands of strawberry blonde hair. He noticed the large headphones but chose not to question it.

If he cried when he woke up because of how grateful he was it wasn't mentioned. If Tommy came over more after that it didn't need to be mentioned. If the boy was a bit more open then it wasn't mentioned. If he accidentally called them by 'Dad', 'Big Bro', and 'Buba' when he was tired no one mentioned it. Trust, safety, and security. They might not be a biological family, and all have actual families that they love to bits, they sure as hell love their second one just as much. Their little Minecraft family made up of social media influencers. They wouldn't have it any other way.

/\
\/
Words: 1262
A/N: Hi's and Hello's to everyone! Kiyoshi here! Hope you guys liked this one- heads up that next oneshot is going to be a song fic and I have about five other songfics in the work after that!
That's all for now...
Kiyoshi Out!