{I'm Still Your Best Friend...Right?}

It had been almost two months since Tubbo had talked to him. Possibly longer.

Months of attempting to talk to him only to be ignored, ultimately hiding away in his once shared home.

He didn't even know what he did wrong this time.

Normally when he upsets the other he understands what he did wrong and he makes sure to fix it or at the very least make it up to him. No one knew what happened to the duo but it was obviously effecting Tommy heavily, Tubbo seemed to be effected but not as much as the younger.

Tommy had closed himself off from everyone, sobs sometimes could be heard from his room in the new walls of his home in L'manburg. The young president was crumbling without his right hand man, unable to hold himself together. His citizens and family had tried to reach out to him but nothing changed.

Tubbo on the other hand was hanging out with everyone, happily chatting but changing the subject the second Tommy was even mentioned. Everyone was confused by what was happening.

Wilbur soon decided it was enough, he talked with the others and they came up with some sort of plan. They needed Tubbo to be able to approach the other and they needed Tommy to come out of his house for the first time in weeks. The man brought the second youngest down the roads of L'manburg, the boy asking where they were going. "We're going to a house, Tubs. I just need you to wait in the living room while I talk with them," he gently told the boy, having a feeling the sweet boy would want to eavesdrop. He seemed to do that a lot recently, eavesdrop on conversations as if he expects them to talk shit about him.

He went up the steps of the porch, the younger seeming to not recognize the house anymore. Wilbur didn't even knock as he found the spare key and opened the door. He pointed to the living room as a silent instruction before making his way to the bedroom where soft sobs could be heard, only getting louder as the man opened the door. The second he closed it Tubbo moved to sit right outside the door, worried for whoever was inside.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, it's just me, just Wilbur," he heard the soft reassurance from the man through the door, hearing the sobs get slightly louder, it broke his heart hearing someone in so much pain.

"I'm right here bud, shh, I've got you," His ear was pressed against the door as he listened, hoping to hear who he was comforting. Maybe if he knew them he could help.

"I-I," the voice was so scratchy, it was like whoever was talking hadn't spoken in months and sobs were the only sounds that escaped their lips.

"Take your time,"

"D-Did I d-do something wr-ong?" The voice was clearer, very shaky and...familiar. He knew this person. But how? Tubbo shook his head, pushing away the thought that maybe it's- no. He doesn't wanna see him if it is. He went back to listening.

"I- I don't know, Toms..." Tubbo felt his breath hitch as his suspicions were correct. But why would Wilbur bring him there if To- he was here? And- wait...he was crying. The boy he knew never cries, was crying.

"I-I d-on't know wh-what I did th-is time and and-" he heard a sob cut off the sentence and it made his heart hurt. Why was his heart hurting? The other hated him- but why was he crying then?

"I- I want T-Toby b-back-! I w-ant m-my best fr-iend... m-my r-r-right hand m-man..." Tubbo couldn't stand listening, he knew he fucked up. He- no. Tommy could never hate him. He should've known, he shouldn't have been so stupid as to ignore him. He needed his best friend more than anything and obviously the blonde felt the same way. He should've known this would happen.

He shakily stood up and swung the door open. Two pairs of eyes looked at him, both wide with shock before the youngest went back to bawling. Wilbur left the room as Tubbo made his way over to his friend. God, Tommy was a mess. His hair was so long he could tie it back into a ponytail, he stunk as if he hadn't taken a shower in who knows how long, he was so thin Tubbo swore he could be blown off his feet by a small gust of wind, and his eyes had bags under them that were so dark they looked like makeup.

"Tommy..." the brunette mumbled out, moving so he was in front of the other. He should've known this would happen... he knew about his friend's separation anxiety but it slipped his mind in his own panic.

"Wh-What did I d-o wrong?" His heart broke at the sight and sound of his best friend.

"You didn't do anything wrong...I was just being stupid. You did nothing wrong, I shouldn't have left you alone," he softly told his friend, moving to sit on the bed and pull the other into his lap. The boy immediately clung onto him like a life line.

"I promise I'm never gonna leave you ever again...I'm so so sorry, Toms," he mumbled into the younger's hair, rocking them side to side as he rubbed circles calmingly onto the boy's back. He felt as his friend buried his face into his chest, taking deep breaths to calm down.

He couldn't believe he was the reason his best friend was crying. He pressed a kiss to his head before resting his chin on the taller's hair as he rocked the boy. One of Tubbo's hands moved up to cradle the other's head, gently holding it close to his chest as the younger's shaky breaths became more even.

The brunette played with strands of dirty strawberry blonde hair as he mumbled apologies and pressed gentle kisses to his head. He couldn't believe he ever thought his best friend hated him, at this point he can't even remember why he'd come to the conclusion.

Once the crying had slowed to a stop and only sniffles were left Tubbo felt it was appropriate to address the younger's self care. "C'mon, let's get you washed up and get some food in your system," he seemingly effortlessly picked his friend up, Tommy felt as though he weighed the same amount as a feather which was concerning.

As the boy carried his friend out of the room he'd been in for the past months he saw Wilbur cleaning up around the house, just like he had been doing all this time. He nodded his head once he saw them before watching as the boy brought his friend into the bathroom and started a nice bath for him.

Tommy, who started coming out of his more vulnerable state, was embarrassed about being babied. He could start a bath by himself and didn't need Tubbo carrying him around and holding him while they waited for water to fill the tub. But oh did he miss his best friend. He soaked up the warm embrace, nodding his head when asked if he wanted privacy or if he wanted to put swim trousers on, he ended up mumbling for he second one.

He listened as Tubbo called out for Wilbur to grab him a pair of swim trousers, the man getting them within seconds. He watched as Tubbo left the room to allow him to change before coming back in and making sure the bath was good. He followed the instructions he was given to get into the bath and hand the other the shampoo.

His head relaxed back into the feeling of his friend's hands washing his dirty and unkept hair, he leaned into the touch as his scalp was massaged as it was washed. Tommy felt so relaxed, listening as Tubbo hummed as he cleaned his friend's hair. He reached out to grab the soap bar and clean off his disgusting body as his hair was being washed, hearing another pair of feet enter the room and seemingly hover by the door.

Once he was finished getting washed off he felt clean, refreshed. It was a nice feeling contrast to how bad he'd been feeling the past few months. Once he stepped out of the shower he was wrapped up in a towel by Wilbur as he dried his baby brother off. It reminded the teen of when he was a little kid and his eldest brother would give him bubble baths and dry him off afterwards. He smiled softly as the fond memories it brought him.

"Let's get you in clean clothes, bud. Can't have Mr. President in dirty clothing now can we?" Wilbur and Tubbo had been taking care of L'Manburg as the blonde was 'taking a short break'. He didn't seem mentally stable and since Tubbo was the Vice President he had to handle most things with the former president.

Tommy hummed as his brother guided him back into his mess of a room, grabbing him a nice outfit; it was a red blazer with white pants and a white shirt, nice looking black boots to go with it as well. He left the blazer unbuttoned, putting on a black tie, with the help of Wilbur, before presenting himself to his friend who wore a similar outfit but with green and a nice brown instead, a white tie as well.

"You ready to see everyone again?" The brunette asked softly, to which the blonde took a deep breath a grinned widely. "As long as I've got my right hand man by my side I'm ready for anything,"

With that the teen's exited the building with a proud brother trailing behind.

He was proud of them.

/\
\/
Words: 1667