Camila can feel the tears coming to her eyes. Lauren is so open and real... not like anyone she has ever known.

"You're making this very hard. I'll be fine. Really."

"I don't think so. They've got you in a glass jar like some butterfly, and you're going to die if you don't break out. Maybe not right away, because you're strong. But sooner or later the fire in you is going to go out."

"It's not up to you to save me, Lauren."

"You're right. Only you can do that."

"I have to get back, they'll miss me. Please, Lauren, for both our sakes, leave me alone."

///

"Hello, Lauren." She turns and Camila is standing there. "I changed my mind."

Lauren smiles at her, her eyes drinking her in. Her cheeks are red with the chill wind, and her eyes sparkle. Her hair blows wildly about her face.

"Sssshh. Come here." She puts her hands on Camila's waist. As if she is going to kiss her. "Close your eyes."

She does, and Lauren turns her to face forward, the way the ship is going. She presses her gently to the rail, standing right behind her. She takes her two hands and raises them until she is standing with her arms outstetched on each side. Camila is going along with her. When she lowers her hands, Camila's arms stay up... like wings.

"Okay. Open them."

Camila gasps. There is nothing in her field of vision but water. It's like there is no ship under them at all, just the two of them soaring. There is only the wind, and the hiss of the water 50 feel below.

"I'm flying!" She leans forward, arching her back. Lauren puts her hands on her waist to steady her.

"Come Josephine in my flying machine." Lauren sings softly.

Camila closes her eyes, feeling herself floating weightless far above the sea. She smiles dreamily, then leans back, gently pressing her back against Lauren's chest. Lauren pushes forward slightly against her.

Slowly she raises her hands, arms outstretched, and they meet Camila's fingertips gently touching. Then their fingers intertwine. Moving slowly, their fingers caress through and around each other like the bodies of two lovers.

Lauren moves her face forward into Camila's blowing hair, letting the scent of her wash over, until her cheek is agianst her ear.

Camila turns her head until her lips are near hers. She lowers her arms, turning further, until she finds Lauren's mouth with hers.

Lauren wraps her arms around her from behind, and they kiss like this with her head turned and tilted back, surrendering to her, to the emotion, to the inevitable. They kiss, slowly and tremulously, and then with building passion.

Lauren and the ship seem to merge into one force of power and optimism, lifting her, buoying her forward on a magical journey, soaring onward into a night without fear.

Like in a dream they end up back in Camila's suite. Lauren sets her sketchbook and drawing materials on the marble table.

"Will this light do? Don't artists need good light?"

"Zat is true, I am not used to working in such 'orreeble conditions." Lauren speaks in a horrible French accent.

Camila goes into the adjoining walk-in wardrobe closet. She sees her go to the safe and start working the combination. She's fascinated.

"Shawn insist on lugging this thing everywhere."

"Should I be expecting him anytime soon?"                                 
"Not as long as the cigars and brandy hold out." She unlocks the safe. Glancing up, she meets Lauren's eyes in the mirror behind the safe. She opens it and removes the necklace, then holds it out to her who takes it nervously.