Camila laughs. "I did, didn't I?" She suddenly points up at the sky. "Look! A shooting star."

"That was a long one. My father used to say that whenever you saw one, it was a soul going to heaven."

"I like that. Aren't we supposed to wish on it?"

Lauren looks at her, and finds that they are suddenly very close together. It would be so easy to move another couple of inches, to kiss her. Camila eyes flicker to Lauren's lips as she seems to be thinking the same thing.

"What would you wish for?"

After a beat, Camila pulls back. "Something I can't have." She smiles sadly. "Goodnight, Lauren. And thank you." She leaves the rail and hurries through the First Class Entrance.

"Camila!!" She shouts but the door bangs shut, and she is gone. Back to her world.

Sunlight splashed across the room as Camila and Shawn sat in silence, eating their breakfast. The tension unbearable. Ally quickly poured them their coffee before rushing out of the room.

"I had hoped you would come to me last night."

"I was tired."

"Yes. Your exertions below decks were no doubt exausting."

Camila stiffens. "I see you had Matthew follow me."

"You will never behave like that again! Do you understand?"

"I'm not some foreman in your mills than you can command! I am your fiancee-" she was cut of by Shawn sweeping the breakfast china off the table with a crash. He moves to her in one shocking moment, glowering over her and gripping the sides of her chair, so she is trapped between his arms.

"Yes! You are! And my wife... in practice, if not yet by law. So you will honor me, as a wife is required to honor her husband! I will not be made out a fool! Is this in any way unclear?"

Camila shrinks down into the chair. She can see Ally, frozen, partway through the door bringing the orange juice. Shawn follows Camila's glance and straightens up. He stalks past the maid, entering the stateroom.

"We... had a little accident. I'm sorry, Ally."

///

"Mr. Andrews, I did the sum in my head, and with the number of lifeboats times the capacity you mentioned... forgive me, but it seems that there are not enough for everyone aboard." Camila said as Mr. Andrews lead the group back from the bridge along the boat deck.

"About half, actually. Camila, you miss nothing, do you? In fact, I put in these new type davits, which can take an extra row of boats here but it was thought by some that the deck would look too cluttered. So I was over-ruled."

Shawn slaps the side of the boat. "Waste of deck space as it is, on an unsinkable ship!"

"Sleep soundly, young Camila. I have built you a good ship, strong and true. She's all the lifeboat you need."

As they are passing Boat 7, Lauren turns from the rail and walks up behind the group. She taps Camila on the arm and she turns, gasping. Lauren motions and she cuts away from the group toward a door which
Lauren holds open before gently closing it behind them.

"Lauren, this is impossible. I can't see you."

Lauren takes her by the shoulders. "Camz, you're no picnic, you're a spoiled little brat even, but under that you're a strong, pure heart, and you're the most amazingly astounding girl I've ever known and-"

"Lauren, I-"

"No wait. Let me try to get this out. You're amazing and I know I have nothing to offer you, Camila. I know that. But I'm involved now. You jump, I jump, remember? I can't turn away without knowing that you're going to be alright."