6. Arch Nemesis

It has now been almost two weeks since I last saw the Marino siblings. They have been in Italy all this time collecting new targets to get to our enemy. This job has been more difficult than it seems, but because I trust their credibility, I know that it will be done on time and in the most perfect way. I can't wait to see the same fear in that man's lifeless orbs, which are usually filled with amusement and sadism.

In five minutes, I had to attend the third meeting of the day. Life as a businessman and as the boss of The WildCats was not something laughable, as no matter how much tensed you are, you still have to keep going.

But isn't that the case for everybody else?

Luca, my best friend, is the perfect example of going on. His father had died doing his duty as the member of The WildCats, when he was too young. Since then, he took up the responsibility of bringing up his little sister, and never shed a single tear.

What happened to him was not just at all, but there was no way he could revoke that, and bring back his father. There was no way an eight years old boy could protect his father, but the pain he carries is still raw and present inside his heart. It eats him every single time be walks on the streets of New York, and finds children running around and playing with their fathers. He has never fully been at peace with it, and invariably smiles at everyone. He smiles too much so that his sister, and the others can't see his pain.

He smiles so that the others shouldn't become depressed like him.

So that they can have the joy he never had in his life.

I finally received Luca's call in the middle of my meeting with some investors, which I decided to ignore because I already knew he must have reached my office. Because I work and live in the same building, it's extremely convenient at times like these.

Apparently, entering the office was a blunder on my part because as soon as I entered, I was tackled in a huge hug. By none other than our idiot, Luca.

"Tiger man, I missed you soooo much!!"

He exclaimed like he was my girlfriend.

"Stop clinging to me asshole. Get away from me."

I pushed him away but this bitch won't budge.

"Oh come on, I just came back from a two week long work vacation, and you can't even greet me properly?"

He started pouting now.

Wait... Did he just.... pout??

"Oh God, get the hell away from me and tell me how was Italy? Did you succeed or not?"

I said, clearly not in the mood for jokes and obnoxious cuddling with my friend.

"Alright, okay. I'm so done with you. Anyways, so Bria is going to stay in Italy for a while now. The search for his men who deal with prostitutes wasn't difficult, considering everyone in that town knows who they are."

"I have introduced her to one of them, who immediately took a liking to her. She will, very soon, get to him, and by then, we will already be in Italy, ready to pounce on him."

Listening to him, I couldn't believe my ears. How could he be so relaxed about all this? Even if it's an ambush, he still sold his sister to a demon, and he's... okay with it??

"Luca, what is wrong with you? Why don't you show any emotion? Why couldn't you stop her from taking this kind of a decision that day? Did you like selling her to that brute with your own hands?"

At this, he calmly replied,

"No. No, I didn't like it one bit. In fact, I wanted to punch myself and kick myself and... kill myself with a gun. But, I also know why she took such a daring decision, and why I had to say yes to her."