Chapter 7:Execute Order- P-plan A!... Yes, the plan...

A/N 1: I am very sorry that the wait was long. I'm bouncing around a lot of things... And procrastinating, but that's a normal thing I do. I also kinda hit writer's block, trying to figure out how to write the next part. But hey, now more Amity and Caleb friend bond time! Yay. I did post more to things on my Tumblr if you want to check it out, plus what Caleb looks like (Not a ref sheet, but just art that he's in.) 

------------------------------------------------------

Caleb had to go home which meant leaving Amity here at the Noceda house, which... Wasn't the best of options. And sleeping in the forest of the old house - hard pass. So Caleb decided that she could sleepover, which wasn't completely weird and they could discuss more of the plan if they needed to. He told Amity he didn't like girls in that way and she got the hint. 

When they arrived at the house by cab and went inside, they spotted a note on the kitchen island. It was from Caleb's father explaining that he was called away for a business trip for the rest of the week. Caleb felt both disappointed and relieved... more leaning on the side of relief that both kids would have to hide the fact that they were going to have a witch stay at the house. 

Caleb heated some leftovers from the fridge and both ate silently for the whole duration of dinner, the plan weighing heavy on their minds. They hoped it would work and 'trap' (they couldn't think of a better way to say it) Luz in the Boiling Isles to figure out why she's been acting so weird... Well, more weird than usual. Angrier. She used to be more of a happy ray of sunshine and adventure, from what Amity told Caleb. 

"Wait, what about-... No, no, I'm online. Good." Caleb muttered to himself as he tidied his room. "So you'll take me bed since it's big enough for one person and I'll sleep somewhere else." 

"I-I can't do that. I'll just sleep on the floor." Amity said, her gaze flickering to his fake leg once or twice. 

"You're the guest. It'd be rude and I'd feel guilty about it if I let you." Caleb insisted. 

"Well, what are we going to do?" Amity said, stifling a yawn.

Caleb thought for a moment then snapped his finger as he got the idea. "Pull-out couch." He said, then made his way into the living room. Amity stood to the side with curiosity as Caleb pulled off a couple of cushions on the couch. He then grabbed a handle and started pulling. He turned to Amity with an embarrassed smile as he struggled. "Mind helping me?" Amity walked over and copied him, both of them managing to fully get it out. 

"I don't use it that often, but it should still be in good condition." He said, hobbling off. He came back with covers and blankets, which Amity quickly went over to help carry. They made the bed and Caleb flopped down on it while Amity sat down. Caleb showed Amity the bathroom she could use to change and then went off to his room to change. She changed fairly quickly and decided to look around since this is the first human house she's been in. Multiple framed photos littered the wall along with art pieces, some first place ribbons, and some certificates. The photo was of Caleb's family (obviously). Some showed only the parents, others were the parents with a toddler and a baby. Others only had the father and the two children. For the looks of the rest, they looked more recent with only Caleb and his father. Amity wondered what happened to the two women. 

When Caleb came out, he made his way over next to Amity, gazing at the photos and the other hung items. 

"Sorry if it's a... touchy subject, but what happened to the two women in the photos," Amity asked delicately. 

Caleb tilted his head, seemingly unbothered by the question as he thought. "Mom died when I was young, so... I don't really remember much of her." He said, focusing on a picture of just his parents. Both were facing each other, touching crinkled nose to crinkled nose, smiling and in love. "As for my older sister," he moved his gaze to a photo of just him and his sister. Both were young, at from the looks of the background, were at some festival. "She moved out of the house and straight to college when she graduated. She... doesn't visit much, but she does call... When she has the time." Caleb said, scratching the back of his neck.