Chapter 9: The Full Truth

Luz opened her eyes to see her old room... Right... She was back in the Boiling Isles... Memories came flooding back like a freight train. Her friends, her family... Her mother... Mother... Mom- Oh Titan, her mom is here- In the Boiling Isles- Oh Titan no- Her heart raced, her anxiety rising.

"Oh no, no, no, no, NO! She can't be here! She'll learn about everything and we'll be forced to move again and we'll never see Eda or Amity or-"

'Oh please shut up and let me think, Luz!' Celez yelled, cutting their host off. Luz looked up and looked at Celez. Their face has buried in their hands, their thumbs rubbing their temples. They were muttering quietly to themselves... But the strings attached to her heart was shaking? Was her abuser... Shaking? Over some trivial human matter? Luz slowly crawled over to Celez, stopping half a foot away. She hesitantly put a hand on their shoulder, only for it to be slapped away immediately.

'D-don't touch me!' Celez hissed, fear dipping into their voice, instantly shrinking away from the touch. When they realized it was Luz, they calmed a bit and turned away in embarrassment. Luz was confused. So very confused. She never thought her captor would be afraid, I mean, look at what's happened so far... Of course, mom following her to her magical reality, which can be very anxiety-inducing... But... Having shared the same mindscape... Celez was afraid of something else... It might have to do with them mentioning that they were 'assigned' way earlier at some point... Perhaps the Emperor's Coven?...

'Great Titan, your thoughts are annoying...' Luz perked up when Celez spoke again, their voice no longer trembling.

"What are you afraid of? And you can't say it's nothing because we've been stuck together too long... I'll call bs on your lies," Luz said stubbornly.

Celez turned a bit so they could see Luz in the corner of their vision and chuckled at her statement. 'Humans... So damn persistent and nosy...'

"That's me for ya," Luz admitted with a small smile. Her left cheek throbbed with dull pain from healing scratch marks when she smiled, but she ignored it.

'Well, call bullshit then... I'm not telling you anything,' they scoffed, getting up. Luz's face fell. 'Just because we've been in the same mind for almost a whole year doesn't mean I'm going to actually comply... You're more stupid than you think. Now let's get out of this room and get Camila out of the Boiling Isles.'

Luz got up, rubbing her arms. The vines from earlier had grabbed her and while her adrenaline was high, she tried to tug herself out of their grasp. Might have caused some bruising or some abrasive markings, but that was on her. The state of the room indicted much movement/activity, even the scent of the air told that, though there were too many to depicted who actually had been in here besides her. It was also somewhat stale, meaning that whatever happened had happened a while ago. How long was she unconscious for? Luz made her way to the door and grabbed the handle, only for it to shock them.

'Fuck!' Celez yelped, while Luz whimpered, as both kids grabbed their hand in pain. Of course, share the main body, share the pain. Didn't obviously apply when Celez did anything to Luz, the body only felt that pain, but on a lesser scale.

Luz shook out her hand with a hiss escaping her mouth. She turned and tried the window. Same thing happened. It felt like the spell Amity used when Luz got the Blight twins and her mentor captured by the Slitherbeast. Eda must've enchanted the room in case Luz did try to escape... Looks like she's stuck here until Eda or Lilith comes up to get her.

Luz walked over to her sleeping bag and sits down near the top of it. She gently brushes her hand across the material, but stops when she feels pricks of some liquid on it. She bends down to examine it. There were small drops on the sleeping bag, not fully dry... Tears... A hand passed over her face. They weren't from her. Luz took a deep breath. A distinct scent flooded her senses. Amity's scent... She was here... Not alone, of course, but she was here, crying... Luz frowned at this, her eyes unknowingly turning into their natural bright chocolate color. She had made Amity upset, hurting her internally like she's been doing to everyone else. Luz had never meant to such, but it had happened... All against her will... Well... Mostly against her will... She didn't want Amity caught up in this... So she needed to push her way... Even for a little bit.