Chapter 2: The Flight

I was awoken at five am sharp by Mrs. Beetle the girl sector housekeeper. As usual, I rolled over, trying to get more sleep.

"Michelle, if you don't get up right now I swear I'll pour an ice bucket on you!" She threatened.

I shot up from the bed, having already experienced it before. Candice and her little clique smirked.

"I guess little Shelly is afraid of water." Candice mocked me in a baby voice. To put in bluntly she was a bitch. She was 17 and a the beauty queen of the of the Hydrangea branch. All her missions were successful and most boys had a crush on her. Candice was conceited, and her little flock of girls that followed her every where she went.

I also took an intense disliking to her on sight. Nothing to do with the fact that she'd been hanging all over my best friend from day one.

She always picked on me because she had a crush on Jordan and I was his best friend. I don't know why all girls automatically go on the offensive if their crush has a female best friend...never mind that I had a crush on him.

Even so I hated when she called me Shelly. That was the worst nickname for the name Michelle.

"That's not my name." I growl, putting on the official black spy uniform. I put on a stretch black Hydrangea shirt, slipping a black leather jacket on.

Next were the custom made leather pants. I loved how they clung to me, snug and fit.

 I slipped my feet into some high heeled black boots, I brushed my long black hair out, twisting it into a high pony tail.

I went to my mirror about to put on some eye liner to show Candice who's boss, when I remembered that I didn't know how.

I looked around for my best friend Clarissa. I couldn't find her so I went to the bathroom cause just then because I really had to pee. I knocked on the door. "Clarissa Mane is in this bathroom." She said in a firm voice.

Oh well, in that case. I barged into the bathroom. As expected she was at the mirror brushing her hair.

"Hey!" She exclaimed. "Why would you barge in like that?"

"Well you did leave the door unlocked."

She lowered her eye lids, as if to say that was besides the point.

"Do my makeup Clar!" I pouted at her.

She gave in, lining my eyes and giving me mascara. She began to rub some stuff on my face that I assumed was foundation. "Oh, no. I am not letting you put that thing on my face." She ignored my protests and finished the job, stepping back to view her handiwork.

Goodness. Give Clar an inch and she'll demand a mile. 

Then she took out the lip gloss.

"No, No, No. You know how I feel about putting things on my mouth." I warned her.

"Come on! Just this once! Please..." She begged pushing out her bottom lip a little.

Let stop for a little, so I can explain. When I was about four I tried on my mom's Juicy lip gloss, to go to a Fourth of July party. I was the perfect example of happy-go-lucky. It was hot out and mosquitoes were every where. I was having fun running through the lawn, so I really didn't notice anything unorthodox until a boy yelled "Mommy, Mommy, that girl over there has bees all over her mouth!" So you can guess what happened next. I screamed and started running around. The bees got agitated and stung me all over my mouth. It hurt like hell and my whole mouth was inflamed.

Every since then I haven't put anything on my mouth. Ever. So when Clarissa asked me to put on lip gloss you can imagine how i felt.

"Come on! What's the worst that could happen?"