Chapter 7: The School

1)Author's Note: Michelle outfit is in the media :)
Songs for this update.
Roar by Katy Perry
Part of me by Katy Perry

...... ......

"This is... the part when I say I dont want it
I'm stronger than I've been before
This is the part when I break free
'Cause I can't resist it no more"
--Arianna Grande, Break Free

...... ......

I gulp as we pull up to the school. This morning Melvin had given me and Jordan a walkthrough of what to accomplish today.

"Today you must familiarize yourself with the area. You must gain access to all their exclusive clubs and make allies. Remember : Know thy enemy." He handed me and Jordan a list of people to get close to.

"Michelle, you have to get in the...popular clique. Make friends. If the leader becomes a threat to your position turn her friends against her. You know what to do."

I nodded and he turns to Jordan. "You already have a high place in the school food chain. All you must do know is retain it and knock any competition out of perspective. There is someone who may rise up to take control. He is on that list."

Jordan had taken the paper and we both put it into our iPhones.

"Okay. You can get out now." Melvins's chauffeur told me and Jordan. I rolled my eyes at his tone and took out. My backpack. Me and Jordan had a few untraceable gadgets with us just in case.

"Ready?" Jordan glanced at me.

"Ready."

We step inside of the hell hole some called school.

The late bell for first hour sounded and Jordan and I frantically whipped out our schedules.

"I have Spanish."
Please have the same class, please have the same class, please have the same--

"I have French." Jordan frowns slightly.

Damn it!

"See you later." I give him a half hearted smile.

"Michelle!" He groans " You can do better that. Where's the badass who took me down this morning?"

His grin is infectious and soon I'm grinning like a fool too.

I place hands on my hips, "Right here. And don't you forget it." I playfully wiggled my finger at him.

He walks me to my locker.

"So..." I say causally when, after 5 minutes of me rummaging through my backpack, he is still there.

"So, what?" He clocks an eyebrow at me and I flush.

"So, aren't you gonna get to class?"

"Yeah." He leans toward me and kisses me on the cheek. I feel sharp hot butterflies in my torso and gasp. The sensation of his mouth is heavenly.

It's just a brush of his lips, but it has me blushing red and gasping for air when he pulls away.

I look at him with wide eyes and see that he wasn't unaffected.

"Laters." He strides away.

I sink down the surface of the locker. It's as if all the in my body has been knocked away.
Whoa. Jordan just kissed me. I mean it was just on the cheek but still....

I mentally smack myself.
Don't gush over him. He just gave you a kiss on the cheek. French people do it all the time...

I square my shoulders and walk into the class room.

All conversation immediately stutters to a stop.

"Returning student." I tell the teacher, handing him a late pass.

"Gracias." He say absentmindedly.

"De nada." I say and he looks a bit surprised at me.

As I sit down a myriad of whispers begins.

"Who is she?"

"Why is she late?"

"I like that outfit."

I blush a little at that last one.

I surreptitiously glance around the room and meet the eyes of non other than Tris Lington.

She sneers at me and mouths 'You're still a poster child for the poor'

'And Your still a bitch' I mouth back.

She gasps and her eyes widen.
Ha! Take that! Bet you weren't expecting a witty comeback, were you?

Me: 1

Tris: 0

I turn back to listen to the teacher smug.

Bang!

The door slams open and a tall, dark haired boys walks--no--swags into the room.

All talking (once again) comes to a screeching halt and the temperature climbs up a few hundred degrees.

"Is it just me did it just get hot in here?" Mutters a girl who I recognize as Katy.

He brushes some hair out off his eyes and all the females let loose an audible sigh.

I stifle a giggle. The were acting like those girls in cliche bad boy books on wattpad.
Like, seriously, just because he looks like Sam Way doesn't mean you can melt into a pool of hormonal swooning messiness at his feet.

"Chase, can you please explain to me exactly why you are late to my class?" Mr. Rodriguez frowns.
Chase...The name is familiar.

"Do you really want to know?" His voice is low and secretive.
Oh, that's right! He's on the list!

Mr.Rodriguez gulps and I notice a fine sheen of sweat on his forehead.

Despite my inhibitions, I find myself on the edge of my seat.

"Say yes, say no argh!" Katy is nearly pulling her long curly hair out next to me.

He walks up to Mr.Rodriguez and bending down towards him, he whispered something in his ear.

"No..." He looks astonished.

"Yup." Chase smugly strides to the only seat available, which just so happens to be on my left.

I have to befriend Mr. Popular? I don't think I can do this...

"What's up?" He nods at me.

"A preposition." I squeek and clear my throat.
What a lame thing to say, Michelle.

He looks me over, amused.

"So, " I say, changing the subject. "So, what were you doing that made you so late?"

"Come here." I lean slightly towards him.

"Closer."

"Closer."

I'm practically hanging over him at this point.

"Emergency study session with the librarian." He whispers.
Oh. Well, I guess his grades aren't to hot judging by the look on the teachers face.

I lean back towards my chair and face the front for the rest of the class ignoring the burning looks I felt from the rest of the class.
If looks could kill...

2) A/N
What's up y'all! Sorry about the cliffhanger I'm just soo...tired..
What do you guys think of Chase? And that kiss?

Enter my Contest How good is your Kiss Scene 2!

Mmkay...bye

Zzz...

Sabrina