Chapter 15

Since that day you couldn't stop thinking about him and his dark mark. It wasn't supposed to be like this, far from it. You cared for Mulciber, more than anything, but you never loved him. As much as you wanted to, you never did, and it got you eating from the inside out. The foolish wrong choice you made, vowing to marry the boy just for the stupid project both of the families forced on you.

» (y/n)?« a third year asked you once again.

You looked at the Gryffindor, his hair messy and his eyes confusely staring at yours. » Sorry, Billie. What was the question again?«

» What is the difference between a mountain and a forest troll?« he asked you once again, a pencil flicking between his fingers as he waited for your response.

» Well, forest troll is stronger than mountain troll.« answered the voice behind you instead. A voice far too familiar for your ears. »You know paper always beats the rock.« he winked at the boy as he leaned on the sofa behind you, his head was next to yours.

Remus.

You missed him. How much you've missed the boy, only God can know. His soft voice, his long laugh and his cologne of fresh mint scent.

You've looked at him, he caught your glance from the corner of his eyes and he stretched his perpetual smile. » Can I talk to your tutor for a moment, Billie?« he asked, his eyes never leaving yours.

» Sure. I need to refreshen up anyway.« he jumped on his feet and grabbed the books from the table, leaving the both of you in an empty common room.

Left alone, he slowly made his way to the sofa and sat down. » What's on your mind?« he asked softly.

You could have joked, flirted or teased but the comforting look in his eyes and the smell of his cologne sent to your nostrils, caused you to tell him everything. From the vow to the dark mark Mulciber got not long ago. How you were thorn-no, how you were not torn and how your mind was set that you didn't want to marry Mulciber. You couldn't, you mustn't because you were scared. Scared of him and scared of what that dark mark would do to your marriage if you did marry Mulciber. If you decide against it, you'd die but if you do marry him, you'd be stuck in a life full of misery and suffering. Could it be any worse than this?

He stood there in silence. His green eyes were kept on the ground as he tried to process everything you've told him.

And as bad time as ever, when he tried to say something, you got interrupted by no other, then Sirius Black.

» Oi, ( y/n)! Can we talk?« he spoke as if he had a lot on his mind. You bet he did. You bet he did have a lot on his mind since the day two of you decided to run into each other at the Malfoy Gala and do more than just talking.

Though as you knew he had a lot on his mind, so did you. You had a lot on your mind as well, too much actually.

» Later maybe. I really can't right now.« you sent him an apologetic look and then turned to face Remus again.

» Oh, I see. Fine then. Then we won't talk at all.«

Something about his tone and the line he spoke caused all of your anger to come out, as well as your tears. » What's your problem, Sirius!?« you shouted as you stood up and started to glare at him. » Can you stop acting like a fucking child and respect that I just can't talk to you right now!«

» Well, I think that talking about us is something much more important than whatever you're talking and flirting with Remus, don't you think?!« he shouted back, turning around to walk closer.