Chapter 13

Sometimes you think you could never miss a ball like the Malfoy Gala. Full of purebloods talking about business and uselessness of Muggleborns but standing here in your long ruby red dress with matching red heels and a golden necklace with diamonds engraved in it, you get proven wrong. Your makeup was gorgeous and your hair was pinned up with a few loose strands by the sides. Your date, however, he was standing beside you in a black tux. His shirt was the same color as your dress while his black tux was the complete contrast of his hair. They were slid back nicely but Mulciber wouldn't be Mulciber if his hair wasn't at least a bit spiked up.

" I feel so fancy." you whispered to him, standing at the entrance and looking the at the crowd.

" You shouldn't. You should feel beautiful because you look absolutely stunning in this dress." he leaned down to your ear and gave you a small kiss on the cheek.

" Oh, so now you are flirting with me?" you giggled, pressing your hand on his chest and lightly pushing him away.

" Well, you will become my wife one way or another. I have to start working on my game to woo you over." he spoke low and seducing, almost letting out a growl.

Hearing the mention of becoming his wife made your stomach turn into a fit of knots. Ignoring him, you looked around and noticed your parents standing a few feet away. " Oh look. It's our parents. Better say hi." you smiled and took a hold of his hand to pull him with you.

Your mother didn't even have to look to know it was you. She had missed you and if she could, she would hug you tightly. But this was the Malfoy Gala, filled with many judgmental wizards. She smiled instead, put her hand on your back, and bring you forwards to kiss your cheek. " I have missed you." she whispered in your ear before looking over to Mulciber and offering him her hand.

" Mrs. (y/l/n). Lovely as always." Mulciber charmed, gently taking his hand and kissing her knuckles.

" Still a charmer, Mulciber." she returned a smile and moved away so you could greet your father and Mulciber's as well.

It felt like old times. Your parents have spent a big amount of time with the Mulciber family over the years. They have worked on many successful projects together, as well as the ones that failed. Your father and Mulciber's father were both best friends since Hogwarts. Your father was a Slytherin as well, while your mother came from a pure line of Hufflepuffs. She was always mistaken for a Slytherin. She was not like other Hufflepuffs. She was sophisticated and cunning yet kind and devoted to your father.

However, the Mulciber family was important to you, so were others. Your father took you to meet many other families he had a few projects with. The Crabbe, Avery, Goyle, Brown, Moody, Prince... and the Malfoys.

" I believe you know Abraxas Malfoy and his son.."

" Lucious. I do." you smiled at the boy with grey eyes while he returned you a kind smile.

" (y/n). Always nice running into you." he took your hand and softly kissed the back of it.

" Ah yes. I always forget they go to the same school." your dad smiled and put his hand on your back, pushing you lightly. " Why don't you go with young Malfoy. I need to have a nice conversation with an old friend."

" Of course." you nodded and walked away with Lucious.

The two of you walked in silence. It wasn't awkward. It was never awkward with your own people. His presence actually made you quite comfortable because the two of you were close, but never in public.

" I bet you forgave me for that prank I pulled on you. You were giving me quite the stink eye there with Snape." you started, hearing him chuckle beside you.