T H I R T E E N

Asher pulled out my chair for me and I sat down. He took the chair next to me so that he was sitting in between his father and I. On the opposite side from use was his mother and Emily.

"Dear, have you met Katie?" Emma asked Emily, finally breaking the awkward silence.

She put her fork down and wiped her mouth with the napkin and nodded. "Yes. I met her yesterday. She left quite the... Impression." She say. Her words had a double meaning.

"Oh really? That's good." Emma says and started to continue to eat.

"Emily, how have you and Tanner been?" Bill asked Emily. Tanner is Emily's mate. Much like her, Tanner isn't that great of a guy. He's rude, arrogant, and mean. They are perfect for each other.

"We've been really good. In fact, we are trying for a baby." She causally replies as if she hadn't announced that she's trying to have a baby! Emma coughs on her food and takes a drink of water while Asher and Bill both stare at her. I on the other hand, am quite amused.

"A baby?" Bill questions.

She nods her head and takes a bite of her meal. "Yup."

"That poor child..." Asher mutters under his breath. I giggle while Emily glares daggers at Asher.

'Like we need another Emily in this world...' I say to Asher through our mind link. He looks over to me and nods in agreement.

"Dear, babies are a lot of responsibility." Emma starts but quickly gets interrupted by the devil- I mean Emily.

"Mom, I'm 22 years old." She says in a 'duh' tone. "You don't want grandchildren yet?"

Before Emma gets a chance to reply I say something. "As bad as I feel for the child that comes out of her, it's her choice and I'd rather her not be the subject of the night." I said as I continue to eat my dinner.

Everyone looks at me like I have three heads. "What?" I question. They all shake their heads and go back to eating.

*

"Bill, let's give Asher some time to catch up with Emily." Emma says as she stands up from the couch and walked upstairs. Bill quickly follows her and that leaves us with her...

"When are you leaving?" Asher asks as soon as his parents are up stairs and can't hear us.

Emily put her feet on the coffee table and leaned back into the couch. "I don't know. It's nice being home." She replies and smirks

Asher rolled his eyes and the grip he has on my hand tightened. "This isn't your home."

Emily was about to reply but the door opening stopped her and we all turned out heads to face the hallway.

"Katie! Don't kill me but I ran over another-" Colton stops in mid-sentence as he enters the room that we're all in. "WHY THE HELL ARE YOU HERE?" He demands. His whole body stiffens.

Emily smiles sweetly and stands up. "Colton, I've missed you." She coos.

Colton scoffs and crosses his arms over his chest. "Yeah, and I've had 15 kids since you've left. Why are you here?"

Asher stood and and went to go stand by Colton. "Calm down." He orders Colton. "And you," He says pointing to Emily. "I think it's best if you leave... Now."

"Oh come on Ashy!" She says. Ashy? What the hell kind of nickname is that?! "But I've got to go anyway." She simply say as she walks out of the room.

Asher grabs onto her arm, stopping her from leaving. Mental note- remember to disinfect Asher's hand before touching him. "What? No dramatic goodbyes? Or do you not want to set my car on fire like last time?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "We're older now. I was immature back then." She said and then exited the room.

"I hate her." Colton says when Emily closed the door.

"No, really?" I ask sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

"Now Colton, what were you saying about running over something?" Accusingly ask.

He laughs nervously and rubs the back of his neck. "Yeah, well ha ha funny thing is I may have ran over um... Another frog?" He says as he lefts up his hands defensively.

"Colton! Is this some kind of sick routine with you?!" I question.

"It's a stupid frog!" Colton defends as he turns to leave.

"IT'S MURDER!" I scream and then he slams the door shut. He will be the death of me!

"Katie we need to talk." Asher says.

I fake gasp, "Are you breaking up with me?!" I say over dramatically like a teenaged girl.

He chuckles and shakes his head. "No. But I am talking about Emily. She wouldn't just leave calmly like that without having some kind of plan up her sleeve."

That's true. Emily never did anything calmly. Especially when she leaves. "We'll just have to be super aware of our surroundings."

________________________________________________

OMG WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED? I don't even know.

I've gone a little mad lately. Oops. :p