CHAPTER SIX

I'm sorry that I haven't uploaded a chapter since October and that it's taken me this long to get this one out. I haven't had the motivation to continue writing and all what I want to do is continue with new books but I told myself if I want to start new fanfictions I have to finish my current ones otherwise it would be pointless. So that is enough motivation for me to finish all my other books first.
Hope you enjoy this chapter, it's gonna be a small one so sorry

Jake, wet and bruised, crouches under a screen of giant leaves to keep him and the now unconscious Valerie, who was lying next to Jake her jacket discarded and her waist sloppily wrapped up in leaves. Jake hacks manically at the ends of sturdy branch with his knife, forming it to be a spear.

As Jake walks through the forest with Valerie resting on his back, one arm holding her up with difficulty and the other holding his spear tightly in his other hand, looking around hyper-alert.

The trees here are a hundred meters high, blocking out the sky. A few pencil beams of sunlight filter down into the cyan gloom. Jake moves warily through the forest.

What Jake didn't notice was a pair of golden eyes, bright in the shadows following his every movement, watching silently from above as Jake passed under the tree limb that this Na'vi women was laying flat against.

She is lithe as a cat, with a long neck, muscular shoulders, and nubile breasts. And she is devastatingly beautiful -- for a girl with a tail. In human age she would be 18. Her name is Neytiri (nay-Tee-ree). Jake passes less than 2 meters beneath her, oblivious.

Neytiri rises soundlessly. In one fluid movement she nocks an arrow to her bow and draws, aiming right at Jake and Valerie. Utterly silent. Below her Jake is totally unaware of the arrow aimed at his throat.

As Neytiri follows Jake with her bow, her muscles tensing for the shot as she drew the string back the arrow touching her cheek. But as she does something drifts down in front of her causing her to pause as she looked at the arrow-head with surprise.

Like a dandelion seed, but larger, the woodsprite waves its silky cilia, feather light, as it balances on the deadly point. It glows faintly in the dark shadows.

Neytiri frowns, puzzled, and lowers her bow slowly. The woodsprite whirls away into the gloom.

- Meanwhile this was all happening -

"Quick open the link!" Shouts were heard throughout the Link Room.

"Get her out of there, quickly!" Was the only thing Valerie heard before as she faded in and out of consciousness, the lights above her blurry as well as the worried filled glances as she was lifted up bridal style out of the Link Room towards the Medic Ward.

"Make sure to tell Grace as soon as she gets back." Max said to the person next to him as he ran out after the unconscious female.

By the time Max reached the Medic Ward he saw that Valerie was connected to an IV drip and to a heart monitor. As Max made his way further into the room, he could only stare at the unconscious female with confusion. Why was she unconscious? Lots of thoughts ran through the mans head. But what he saw next caused a gasp to escape his lips. How could they have missed this!

The next time that Valerie came to, she could hear the sound of beeping which caused a strangled moan to escape her lips as she tried to sit up, but felt a pair of hands pushing her back.

"Easy Valerie." The voice spoke which caused her to open her eyes in shock to see Grace standing there with a worried frown placed on her lips. "You okay hon? Gave everyone bit of a scare" Grace asked with worry.

"Yeah I'm good, don't know why though." Valerie spoke as she looked around to see that she was in the Medic Ward. Max and Norm standing behind Max as they looked down at her with a frown, but a smile appeared when their eyes met.

"Sadly we don't know the cause either." Grace said causing Valerie to look at her in shock. "They refuse to show me the scans." Grace muttered which caused Valerie to gulp nervously.

"Anyways. How are you feeling?" Norm asked causing Valerie to let out a sigh.

"I honestly feel fine." Valerie said as a nurse took out her IV and took off the stickers from her body. Sitting up in the bed, Valerie met the curious gazes of the three people. "Really guys I'm fine."

"Is Jake back yet?" Valerie decided to change the topic but by the winces she received from her friends she's going to take that as a no. "He's still out there." Valerie asked with disbelief and fear in her eyes.

"We tried scoping out the area to find him. I'm sorry Valerie we couldn't find him or your body." Grace muttered.

"Well the good thing is that my body is with Jake so that's good." Valerie sighed with relief which caused Grace and Norm to look at the female in shook. "What?"

"What happened for you to come back?" Grace asked slowly.

"The Thanator scratched me from my hip to the middle of my back, I past out from shock, and probably blood lost." Valerie explained. "So..... is it alright if I go back in?" Valerie asked which caused everyone to stare at her in shock.

"You want to go back in?" Norm stuttered in shock.

"Yes, Jake needs me." Valerie said looking at all of them.

"I'm sorry Valerie, but I can't allow...." Grace started but got cut off.

"No Grace, I have to. Jake is out there alone with my Avatar body." Valerie said looking Grace in the eyes. "He can't protect himself if he's holding onto my unconscious body forever."

"Fine. But I want a full report on your body when you come back." Grace said giving in.

"Grace you can't be serious!?" Norm disagreed. 

"Norm, don't." Valerie said looking at the male who was only looking at the female with worry. 

"Valerie is healthy enough to go back so it would be in her best interest to help Jake get to somewhere safe for the night." The doctor who's name Valerie learnt was Shaw.

Back to Link Room -

"Now are you sure?" Grace asked one last time as she hovered over Valerie.

"Please Grace I have to do this. Not only for me but for Jake as well." Valerie whispered softly as she stared up at Grace with teared filled eyes. Grace could only smile softly admiring the female in front of her.

"Alright." Graced nodded to herself as she stood to her full height. "Get yourselves to safety, yeah." Grace said receiving a nod from Valerie as Grace closed the link pod watching it goes back in. 

Well there you go guys, that's it for this chapter. I'm sorry that this chapter took forever to get out to yous. But I finally found some sort of motivation to update chapters.

Hope you all are enjoying your day/evening/night

Love you all and thanks for taking your time for reading I honestly sometimes think what did I do to deserve such nice readers.