CHAPTER NINE

Okay... um hi everyone, I know its been a very long time since I've last updated this book. A lot of things have changed since the last time I've uploaded. 

With Avatar 2: The Way of Water out and watching it 5 times since release it rekindled the love that I have for the first movie and after re-purchasing Disney+ and re-watching the first film I'm now jumping back into finishing this book.

I am writing this chapter on New Years Eve, so I'm wishing everyone a happy new year and I hope everyone enjoys the last few hours or which part of the world you are in the last moments of 2022.

Now, I've decided that I'm not going to be putting the Na'vi language in, anything in Na'vi will be in bold and when I go to edit in the future I will change the dialogue. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, wait a second. Hey, where you going?" Jake exclaims, standing up from his crouched position next to Valerie  and went after Neytiri leaving Valerie behind, even though it was going to be for a few seconds.

"Jake, don- shit." Valerie winced when she jostled her body to stand up and fell back to the ground with a slight hiss, her teeth baring in pain.

"Wait up! Just... Hey, slow down." Jake pleaded as he ran jogged to catch up with the Na'vi woman.

Valerie soon manages to get to her feet, though her body trembles from the Thantor wound. Mumbling curse words as she stumbled through the forest after the two figures.

"Look, wait up, I just want to thank you for killing those things." Jack started to explain as he ran up behind Neytiri and made the mistake of grasping her shoulder.

WHACK!!!!

Neytiri wallops Jake upside the head with her bow in a fierce backhand swing, causing him to drop to the ground on his back in slight pain.

"Damn!" Jake mutters from the stinging sensation.

Valerie whips her head towards the sound. Confused at first, but soon confusion turns to shock and slight horror seeing Jake sprawled on the ground, on his back, while Neytiri is standing over him, pointing her bow at his neck.

"Don't thank. You don't thank for this." Neytiri looks towards the direction they come from, spotting Valerie a few feet away. "This is sad. Very sad, only." Now, looking back down at Jake, who put his arm out in a calming manner, which made Neytiri move her bow away.

"Okay. Okay. I'm sorry. Whatever I did -- I'm sorry." Jake tried to soothe the female, who paced a bit in front of him in agitation.

"All this is your fault." Neytiri spoke, gesturing to the Viperwolves that she had to kill. "They did not need to die."

"My fault?" Jake asked incredulously before gesturing to himself and Valerie, who was now standing behind Jake. "They attacked me. I also had to try and protect my friend here, who was unconscious. How am I the bad guy?" 

"Jake." Valerie mutters, but stop seeing that Neytiri pokes the tip of her bow at Jake's throat, causing him to lean backwards a bit.

"Your fault!" Neytiri growls, her tail lashing around.

"Hey. Whoa!" Jake tried to soothe.