ㅡYOUR MINI MARTㅡ

IU is gorgeous
that's the quote

Suga Focus

Your Mini Mart is the name of that convenience store.

Not only is it a location of solitude since it lacks the popularity of other places for it was a ways from the school and notable locations, but just a year ago it solidified the fact that Hobi is one heck of a good friend. One to never let go of no matter how much Yoongi would want to hide away in his shell.

This convenience store is in a more impoverished region of the city. The community small, everyone was a familiar face, therefore Yoongi was no stranger here.

Hobi, with ease, took interest in Yoongi and followed him to this side that year ago. Taking the same bus as Yoongi led Hoseok to follow him and decided that picking him up one morning was totally welcomed gesture. Despite the rude retaliations and remarks to not follow him again, Hobi continued arriving late to class alongside Yoongi.

To say seeing Ji-Eun here was weird is an understatement. Yoongi looks on at the girl displaying the a smile drawn to her phone. His first thought only being why would she be working here of all places?

Ji-Eun's giddy smile disappeared at the sight of the two boys. She grabs a notebook that was laying on the counter and shoves it underneath the register. She follows those jagged movements with a click from the register, a push of her curls, and begins shuffling the paper money. Yoongi was confused- to say the least- but she is kind of weird he concluded, Hoseok's earlier comment coming to mind.

Yoongi gently grabs Hoseok's wrist who had his eyebrows furrowed and eyes squinted in confusion.
"Hurry up," Yoongi whispers.
Yoongi didn't want to make a big deal of this revelation, it didn't have to be.

The two friends go to their eyed possessions. Tteokbokki flavored chips with Banana milk for the Sunshine boy and Honey Butter Chips with canned coffee for the sheepish teen.
Yoongi walks to Hobi with his hands on his knees scanning the aisle of colorful candy bars with eyebrows furrowed.
"Don't you think it's kind of weird that Ji-Eun works here?" he asks.

Caught off guard by the question, his thoughts scrambled in different possibilities. None of them made sense.

"Do you think that she lives nearby?" Hobi grabs his item and eyes Yoongi. His eyes gleaming in curiosity.

"Don't think I'll be visiting her if she does," Yoongi deadpans wanting it to come across more as a joke.

"Of course not buddy." He pats his friend's shoulder. "But think about it-" he glides his hand across the air in a presentation manner- "the top student living in the same conditions as you,"

Yoongi's eyes wander to the ground taking in Hobi's words and flashes of his own day-to-day fog his thoughts. Long walks that last way too much time, the loneliness of the neighborhood making it feel like an eternity. And images of Ji-Eun coming late to class spring to mind.

Hobi snickers, "Except she's a whole lot smarter."

Yoongi gives a disgusted glance and playfully slaps Hoseok's arm.

The two walk to checkout to find an old man on his periodic routine of buying a pack of cigarettes and pieces of small candy, the music that lulls in the background of the store brought a certain quietness Yoongi and Hoseok were all too familiar with. Ji-Eun only brought a new flavor to their already sweet coffee, both of them still deciding whether they like the aftertaste.

Once it was their turn they propped their snacks on the counter and Ji-Eun took the items with little grace showing her inexperience.
It was strange how she glances at the black-haired boy with each beep of an item, Yoongi trying to avoid her soft eyes after realizing.

"Ji-Eun right?" Hobi asks.
She nods.

There was no warning of this confrontation but Hobi's body language was so open it was already giving Yoongi second hand embarrassment.

"Yoongi's been telling me that you guys talk a bit in class. Is that true?"

Yoongi expression was of slight loathing. He hated it when it was put in a spotlight without warning even if it was a small one such as this.

Ji-Eun's face was thoughtful. With a twist of a curl, she looked back at Hoseok. "Well I mean, I've been helping him during his classes so I guess we talk a bit in class but we kind of stopped today," She grabs a bag cutting the conversation.

Yoongi knew that was the worst answer she could've given, his half-truth coming back to bite him when he assumed his Ji-Eun nonsense would become old news. Hoseok takes a sharp turn to Yoongi, his face showing a slight grimace only he would notice.

"That will be with cash right?"

Yoongi wanting to avoid his best friend's judgeful eyes quickly grabs his change and hands it to the waiting girl, their hands softly brushing against each other from the haste of his movements. He flinches at the touch.

"Thanks, Ji-Eun," he hurriedly says. It couldn't get any more awkward.

With the bag of goodies, Yoongi scurries off leaving Hobi behind with Ji-Eun. He hears a quiet thank you, But notices extra exchanges in seeing Hobis lack of hurry.

His taller friend comes out of the store with crossed arms, his height making him more intimidating. Yoongi was expecting him to be fuming, expecting him to connect the dots and reclaim at the bullshit lies he would tell him when his grades were improving just slightly or he would cancel plans to study with Ji-Eun...

"You really didn't have to hide you were getting extra help stupid."

∞