ㅡDemosㅡ

I like my shadow, it reminds me that I exist

| IU Focus

It was currently 1 am and Ji-Eun continued to battle the woes of schoolwork. She was a fourth of the way finished and contemplated responding to August's message at this hour for her short break. 

She looked at the message with much thought, ballad or rnb...

She's most comfortable with ballads,
she knows she's good at ballads,
ballads are her safe space,

and she's not sure if her voice is suited for a song that required a silky and romantic type of tone.

SoundCloud Messaging

IU:  do you think my voice is cut out for an rnb song, I would love to try

Ji-Eun didn't expect a quick reply but her phone dinged as soon as she put it down.

August D: your voice would fit an rnb song

August D: I actually have a few rnb demos if you'd like to take a listen and choose one

August D: I'm getting ahead of myself you, I should make a whole new demo for you

IU: STOPp , before you start anything new, let me listen to them :kneeling emoji:

Ji-Eun's chest began to race at the thought of August creating a new demo for her when he probably has a plethora of demos, rnb is his expertise. She's sure one of them is bound to resonate with her- just as much as all of his own songs in his repertoire. Though he anxiety clawed at her stomach just thinking about her voice failing to match an rnb sound. Why does she even want to make an RnB song when her ultimate goal is to become a pop artist? She's getting ahead of herself she ultimately thought.

Minutes went by without a reply so Ji-Eun thought that was that. She went back to her statistics homework, focusing on problems with WAY too many steps until another ding rang.

Agust D: sure I'll send you the files in the morning

Agust D: and this is random but are you good with people?

IU: in what way?

Ji-Eun spent many many seconds pondering his question before sending a response, yes she has friends but it's not like she has a social life.
She's heard of her various peers who hate her guts, thanks to Sulli who is friendly to those who speak behind others but who's way too nice to say anything about it.
Why they dislike her is a mystery.

Agust D: in the able to have more than one stable relationship

IU: oh wow you romantic, should've known some of those songs had a double meaning

Ji-Euns is only joking around, none of his songs are romance related. But she felt the need to lighten the chat room, Agust had never spoken of his personal life. Furthermore, being asked such a question made her think negatively about the unsuccessful attempts at opening up to others. 

Agust D: believe me it's not like that :sob emoji:,

Agust D: my friend invited me out and let's just say

Agust D: it was a long hr before I faked a phone call and left

IU: I see, to answer your question, i have only a few close friends myself

IU: second, I'm glad you're here talking to me, make me your second stable relationship  if you don't mind<3

Ji-Eun didn't hear from him after her last message. She assumes he fell asleep so she waited for a message by messaging Sulli in the meantime, heading to some social media platforms as the minutes passed. She waited enough and after a few more tedious problems she was gone herself.

My love for bts has dwindled in the VERY slow progression of this fic. I'm not usually one to have long hyperfixations so this isn't too surprising but not to worry I am still writing and editing, even maturing in my writing as I age. I really enjoy this couple because of their what if dynamic. I even made a new fic recently between yoongi and jieun which is about vampires. Fun!

this is a short chapter to help me back into writing this fic <3