Chapter 3: The Human!

____________Orginaly Finished Jan 22, 2015---Updated Sep 15, 2020____________

     I always hunted for the human, mostly since he couldn't do much other than 'walk'. I wanted to make sure he was happy those first few years. I didn't know how long a human life span is. So it was hard for me to know how long he was going to act like a newborn. Though just as everything else does he grew out of it around the beginning of my teens. 

     I was happy though. I had managed to teach him to talk to me, and he surprisingly picked it up pretty well. I just wish he wasn't a lone human out here in the forest. I don't know how much I'll be able to make him happy or teach him.

     Over the years I've watched the Pack grow and shrink. I've witnessed a fight between packs. Even though he left me, on Moon Day, I mourn for my father.

     "Jerome? I'm bored. This room is boring. Can't I go outside just once? I won't leave the village, and you can come with me."

     "I don't want you hurt. We still haven't been able to read your native language."

     "I bet we could find something in the other houses!" Mitch would say brightly.

     "Fine, but please don't wander off." He nodded in agreement to my demand. We walked through the passageway and out into the house.

     "Wait we are in a house?"

     "Yes, but you were the only thing here."

     "Then what's this?" I turn around and look at a square object in his hands.

     "I'm not sure. Mobs say that it's a cow stuffed with sugar cane. But it doesn't look like a cow to me."

     "It's filled with my native language. And pictures?"

     "What are pik-turs?" I asked.

     "I don't know but there are some words on the front and one is pictures. Wait! I could read it." I saw him sit and go through the book with his front paws. He said words to me that he could read. Though nothing was new to me after he said pictures.

     "Mitchell." I was knocked out of thought after he said something new.

     "What?"

     "I was reading this is a baby book about me. My name is Mitchell H..Hu...Hughes." I smiled. "Msjdhd Hehdnd." (Note: Mitch is speaking Wolf to Jerome. So the gibberish is Human.)

     "What?"

     "I got it! I spoke my name in human!"