Protecting Hope Part 3

ابدأ من البداية

The walk seemed to be uneventful, Kotoko had held onto my arm while Masaru held my sleeve, but they didn't say anything as we walked. When we got to the high school I looked at them "I'm going to be busy doing something today, so there will be a student coming to look after you 2. Please don't give them too much trouble" Masaru frowned and looked up at me "what are you going to be doing?" "Well, it isn't fair if you 2 are the only ones I help, the other 3 have situations that I'd like to help them out of" Kotoko held my arm tightly "please be careful..." I pat her head "I will promise to be careful if you guys promise to be nice to the person looking after you" they nodded slowly and let go of me as we got into the school building. I walked them to my room so that there were no problems on their way there. After that I headed out, going to the Hopes peak talent observation lab. I found that Nagisa's father work there as a researcher. I was able to get into the building easily since I was a student at hopes peak, and getting into the lab was easily since my eye pattern was in the retina scanner's system from the Kamukura project. I walked down the halls, looking though observation windows until I can the room he works in.  Once I found the room, I knocked on the door before entering. He was in there alone, looking though files on his computer. 

When he noticed that I was in the room he minimized the window and looked at me "who might you be? and what do you want" I stood in the middle of the room and stared at him "You can call me Mr. Kamukura, and I'm here to speak with you about your son Nagisa." he immediately stood up from his chair and faced me entirely "Mr. Kamukura? as in the subject from the Kamukura project? What did my son do to gain your attention, hopefully nothing bad." I frowned "Your son didn't do anything bad, I'm here to talk to you about his title, as well as a few other things that concerned me when I met him" he frowned "is there something wrong with his talent? was there something I forgot to have him study? surely there isn't, I made sure everything was there." I frowned more "it's not about something that he didn't study, it's more about the conditions that he was put into in order to have the knowledge that he has." he looked at me "What about the conditions?" "focus enhancement drugs, high doses of sleep reduction medication, over exhaustion, and slept deprivation. those don't sound like normal things that an elementary school student would subject themselves to. How desperate were you to study talent?" he glares at me "You have no proof that I subjected my son to any thing like that" "you were the one who had him study weren't you? you said so yourself. And a child can't get any of the medications that were given to your son. Even if he was the person that injected the medication himself, it still faults to you for giving you child access to those medications" the guy grabbed onto my suit "I don't care who you are anymore, you better stay out of this. you have no idea how much I need to do this job. And I will not let some lab rat ruin things for me. It's my business what I do with my little brat of a child, so you better stay out of it!" I grabbed his wrist and applied enough pressure to make him let go of me "I don't appreciate your violence, I only came here to talk and advice you to give you child to someone who would take care of him, but now I see that he will have to be taken from you by force. Have a good day sir, it might be your last day working here." 

I fixed my suit and started walking out the door, however I heard something get moved off a counter behind me and quick footsteps in my direction. Like everyone else, he was very predictable. I stepped to the side and watched as he passed by where I was once standing, swinging a bottle of some chemical. the bottle smashed against the door and the liquid inside was scattered across the door as glass shards littered the floor. I watched him as he turned around and swung at me again, I easily evaded him as he kept trying to hit me with what was left of the glass bottle. Soon, the door was flung open as a security officer entered the room, most likely attracted by the sound of the shattering glass or by the commotion on the security camera from this room. The security guy grabbed onto the man when he tried to swing the bottle at my head, quickly detaining him. The security guy talked into his pager as the guy struggled against him, cursing at me. Soon Sakakura, the head of security guy that is always around Ms. Yukizoma, walked into the room and looked at me "I've been seeing you a lot recently" I shrugged "I guess getting into all the danger is part of my talent" Sakakura frowns and looks at the security officer "take that guy to a detention cell, I will deal with the kid" The officer nodded and took the guy out. Sakakura looked at me "I'm gonna need to escort you out of the building, I'm sure the security footage is more than enough for Mr. Kirigiri. I nodded and walked with him, the walk was quiet so I decided to make some conversation "so, how are things with you and Ms. Yukizoma going?" he scoffed "there is nothing between us" "Don't lie, it's obvious to everyone but her. you like her a lot" he looked at me "She sees me as nothing but a friend, I doubt anything I do will change that" "have you tried actually talking to her for once, it's better than her not knowing" he frowned "I try to" "no, you decide not to because you are afraid. You shouldn't be afraid though, even if she turns you down she will still see you as a trusted friend." he sighed as we got to the entrance area "alright, get out of here now. I don't want to have to see you until whatever disaster you most likely going to be apart in tomorrow." I waved as I walked out "Don't worry, I'm only gonna cause problems for other security guards for the rest of the day"