8: Over When it's Over

"Guys, I have an announcement to make... sort of." Andy mentioned as soon as all of the guys, including me, were gathered in his hotel room the next evening.

"Hit us up, dude. What's going on?" Ashley wanted to know.

"Well, Stace and I... we're no longer together." Andy simply blurted out, trying not to think all too much about it.

The guys stayed quiet for a moment, but it was obvious that they were all pretty shocked. Just as much as I was, that's for sure.

"We've both written a statement, so it's going public tomorrow. We're still friends, so don't worry about that. We're just... not in love anymore. It happens, I guess."

"Sorry, dude." CC then said as he patted Andy on the shoulder.

Andy simply smiled. "It's alright man. I'm doing fine, honestly."

"Oh well, plenty of other hot fish in the sea!" Ashley claimed as he punched the air with excitement. Of course he had to make a comment like that. Wouldn't be Ash if he didn't...

"Hell yeah, plenty!" Jinxx then surprisingly agreed.

Andy glanced over at me and smiled softly. I just couldn't help but to smile back at him. I was pretty relieved that their relationship hadn't ended in drama; it was better for him, but also because Stacy was a good friend of mine too. And the last thing I wanted was to be standing in between the two of them.

The next day we all separated and went around town to entertain ourselves. Jake went to the gym and did his vlog, CC met up with his dad, Andy and Ashley chilled at the hotel, and Jinxx and I went to a local arcade to waste some well-earned money. We both basically spent the entire day there and got thousands of tickets.

"In the money!" Jinxx eventually yelled excitedly as he waved his tickets around and took a beeline for the shop to exchange them. I just laughed and followed him there.

In the end, Jinxx got a huge stuffed white tiger, an inflatable guitar and a few small gadgets. I got a Chinese lucky cat statue, a stuffed koala bear, a few lighters and a big pillow in the shape of the Batman logo. No matter what, I just had to get that last one. It was all pretty useless stuff, but it was fun.

So late that night, after grabbing a few drinks with Jinxx, CC and Jake, I walked back towards the hotel, still dragging all of my prizes from the arcade with me. As I reached the parking lot, I noticed that the lights in the tour bus were on.

Of course my curious nature took the best of me, so I decided to check if the door was open. When I found out that it was, I quietly made my way inside and locked the door behind me, knowing it was already way past 2 am. I put everything down on the dining table, except for the Batman pillow, as I then searched the bunks. But there was no one there.

When I arrived at the room in the back of the bus and silently opened the door, I spotted Andy in the dim moonlight, sound asleep on the big fold-out bed. I wasn't entirely sure why he was sleeping here or what even came over me at that point, but I decided right then and there that I was going to take off my coat, my shoes and my pants, and lie down beside him.

Ever so carefully I placed the pillow under his arm and added a note that said 'Batman told me to give you this'. As quietly and carefully as I could, I crawled underneath the covers and huddled up against his warm back, firmly holding him against me with one arm wrapped around him. It felt so safe being with him. It felt like I belonged.

The second I slowly drifted off into a deep sleep, I suddenly felt Andy's fingers lace with mine as he then held my hand closely to his chest. The fact that he had realized by now that I was there made my face burn up and my heart skip a few beats.

Seriously, why did I even do this? What was happening?