CHAPTER 36

36 | us, together

It was almost nine in the morning, later than they usually wake up to. The couple was still asleep. Jaehyun has his arms around Taeyong while the omega has his back against the alpha's bare chest with the comforter over their bare bodies. It was a warm morning, but something has to come up.

A phone on the bedside table rang, waking Jaehyun up. The alpha took a deep breath and got to smell his mate's lavender scent. It took him a few seconds to crack an eye open and tried his hardest to grab his ringing phone.

He carefully reached for it, not wanting to wake Taeyong up. He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at the caller's ID. He just sighed before he answered it while laying.

"Yes, Dongyoung?" Jaehyun asked with his morning voice.

"First, don't call me that. Second, I need the papers. Where is it?"

The alpha's eyes widened, "Oh, fuck. Wait a sec. I'll finish them right away."

Jaehyun got up from the bed, carefully, as he grabbed and wore his clothing with the phone still against his ear even though he was sick of Doyoung scolding him.

"I can't believe you forgot about them!"

"I didn't. I mostly did everything, okay?"

"Then why did you stop? I reminded you I needed them today, early morning. I should've called you earlier. Geez, the meeting is about to start and Mark needs them. What did you do all night?"

Jaehyun walked out of the room with a sigh and gently closed the door behind him, "I fell asleep, okay? My eyes got tired from all the reading. I promise to call in a few minutes."

The alpha sat down and immediately opened the folder as he held the ballpen in his hand. He read the paragraphs of the proposal, with Doyoung still nagging against his ear.

"Whatever. I'll send Hendery to get it. Finish it, okay?"

"Okay, Mr. Kim."

Doyoung ended the call. Jaehyun placed his phone down on the table as he signs the needed papers. He was still sleepy but atleast his rut was gone. It finished a bit early than he expected. Taeyong's must've been done with his heat as well. His scent has gotten softer to what he used to.

Upon signing the papers, he thought about bringing Taeyong with him when he gets home this weekend. He wants Taeyong to live with him and Blue.

But it's Taeyong's decision. Preferably, Jaehyun wants to live with him together, in one roof.

After he signed everything, he compiled them in the folder before he stood up to cook breakfast with his phone in hand. He placed the device on the counter while he was calling Doyoung on speaker. He grabbed a few ingredients then started cooking.

"Finished?" Doyoung asked.

"Yeah. I did tell you I'll call in a few minutes."

"Okay. I'll send Hendery."

"Okay. It'll be ready."

"While we're at it, what happened to you and...Taeyong, was it?"