CHAPTER 8

8 | papa

Taeyong was having the usual day at the kidergarten. He was with his small classroom and they just finished break time. He was seated on floor so he could easily look at the children. Most people mistakenly look at him as a kid as well just because he looked really small when he's with the children. It doesn't bother him he takes that as a compliment as well.

"Okay, kids. Grab your crayons and draw your family," Taeyong said, "We'll post them on the wall of fame."

He watched them grab their drawing book and started drawing with their chosen crayon. Taeyong looked at anyone who will be finished first. He did pull himself closer to the kids so he could talk to them about the family picture they drew. It was kinda cute when you're someone who adores people with kids.

Taeyong took education just because he wanted to teach small children. He loves children as well but he did miss his son because of it. He wondered if his son was getting the most out of life right now or if he's doing well in school. The thought of it just made him want to go to that Jaehyun guy and ask him if the boy he has is his. Does Jaehyun even know him? He was drunk that night anyway so it's impossible.

After him hearing most of the children's story, he then goes to the last kid who was at the back. He moves and sit infront of the little boy's table.

"Can I see your work, Blue?" Taeyong asked.

The baby boy looked up and shyly smiled at his teacher before he gave his drawing to his teacher. Taeyong looked at it and cooed at how children make smiley faces on stickmans. He did smile but something was missing on the drawing.

"Who is this?" Taeyong asked, pointing at the small stickman.

"Blue!" he cutely answered, showing off his deep dimples.

The boy nodded and cooed at the same time, "Then who are these?"

"This is daddy, lala and dada."

Taeyong hummed, "What's the best memory you had with them?"

"It's when daddy became santa claus at my birthday but it wasn't christmas yet," Blue felt happy when he remembered what happened that day. Jaehyun had a business trip that week then Blue thought he couldn't come but turns out that Jaehyun surprised him with a big cake while wearing a santa claus costume. But it was just him goofing around.

The boy smiled, "Really? It must've been the best day for you."

Blue nodded, "It is! I had a whole lot of fun! We even go to the zoo the next day!"

"Can you whisper to me your wish that day?"

Blue stood and leaned closer to Taeyong. His little hands went to cover so no one could hear it. Taeyong even lean a bit more so it wouldn't be too far for the little boy.

"I wish my mama would come home."

The baby sat back down again then Taeyong looked at him with a confused look. Taeyong did see that Blue's mood got a bit low than what he started. The teacher just pulled up a small smile so he wouldn't make the boy more upset.

"Why? Is she away?" Taeyong asked.

Blue pouted then shrugged before he looked straight at his teacher. Taeyong stopped for a moment upon feeling an urge for him to hug the little boy. His eyes held a lot of happiness but he was hiding something. He remembered when he hid everything that bothered him because he didn't want anyone to get worried about him.

Taeyong never was the person who liked opening to others. He wanted to keep everything just because he didn't want to be a burden to others.

"I'm sure she'll be back. You can call me papa if that'll make you happy," Taeyong said.

Blue's eyes sparkled and his expression lit up, "Really?"

The boy nodded, "Of course. Is it alright if you'll have a papa instead of a mama?"

"Blue doesn't care. As long as they love me like how daddy loves me."

Taeyong smiled sweetly and ruffled the little boy's hair. He chuckled but he stopped when Blue grabbed the crayon again and started drawing on the paper. The boy tilted his head to the side with a pout on his face, trying to see what the kid was doing. Blue was concentrating on what he was doing until he was finished.

The boy raised the paper up so the teacher could see what he has done. Taeyong's eyes widened at the drawing. Blue pointed the stickman beside the small one.

"That is papa," Blue said with a dimpled smile, "Blue's family is complete with papa!"

Taeyong felt contentment for the first time.

"Daddy!"

Blue came running away from the playground with his bag. Jaehyun squatted and scooped the little boy. He placed a kiss on his son's cheek and smiled widely. His problems and stress just goes away whenever he sees his baby.

"Hey, baby. How's school? Tired?" Jaehyun asked.

Blue shook his head, "I had fun! I played with other kids and River almost planted his face on the sandbox. Also, I got stars again so teacher gave me candies. Then I drew my family."

"I could guess that they gave you chocolate."

"Jaehyun?"

The man looked ahead and saw a smiling beta walking towards them. He smiled towards Jungwoo who finally caught up and stood infront of them. Blue was then again attracted to the teacher's fully hair but Jaehyun didn't let him.

"I heard Blue did well in class today," Jungwoo uttered. He pulled out something from his back and made Blue gasped in awe. The baby grabbed the lollipop from the beta and tried biting on it to remove the plastic but Jaehyun did it instead.

"How was your day? Was Blue a headache?" Jaehyun asked as he finally removes the plastic then gave it to Blue. The baby just leaned his head against his daddy's head while he watches the other kids playing behind Jungwoo.

Jungwoo shook his head, "He's the opposite. He just sits at the back and keeps quiet, but he couldn't stop talking to his friend some times. He's an obedient kid. You're doing well on taking responsibility."

"Well, who else? I'm the only one capable, aside from my parents," the alpha answered.

The beta raised an eyebrow, "Any partners?"

Jaehyun chuckled, "Just me."

Jungwoo nodded, "Hopefully, it's not too hard to raise one kid."

"Fortunately," the alpha uttered with a smirk, "Anyway, we have to go. I still have work to do. I'll see you tomorr--"

"Papa!"

Jaehyun saw Blue pointing straight at Jungwoo. The beta was surprised by the sudden action of the little boy in the alpha's arm. The baby squirmed in his father's hold but Jaehyun just pulled the small arm down.

"I'm sorry about that. Bye, Jungwoo," Jaehyun said hurriedly before Blue makes something else that will make him feel secondhand embarrassment.

Jungwoo waved his hand at them until they drove away from the institution. He knew Blue wasn't pointing at him. He looked behind and saw Taeyong standing there, not knowing that Blue called him 'papa' infront of Jaehyun.