CHAPTER 26

26 | reassurance

"You better not burn down your new kitchen."

Taeyong teased as he hopped and sat on the seat by the counter. Jaehyun chuckled, grabbed the apron and wore it. He walked towards the omega with a smile on his face.

"What do you mean?" the alpha asked. He wrapped the tie around his waist and tied it after.

The omega hummed, "Oh, nothing. I'm just giving you some advice."

Jaehyun went back to the counter to prepare the ingredients, "You don't believe that I can cook, do you?"

Taeyong hopped out of the chair and went to stand beside the alpha, "It's not like that...I believe what my son said."

"Where's Blue, by the way?" the man asked as he started cutting.

Taeyong opened the drawer to grab another knife and started cutting the vegetables as well. Jaehyun didn't really complain about it. The boy can do whatever he wants. Also, the alpha thought this new house should be the omega's as well. Y'know, kinda like Taeyong's second home.

"I let him take a rest in his room," Taeyong answered, "The games a while ago were tiring."

"Aren't you tired? You can just sit around. I can do these on my own," the alpha uttered and started cooking.

Taeyong smiles at him, "No, I'm fine. Don't worry."

Both quiets down, concentrating on whatever they're currently doing. They looked like a wedded couple that finally moved into their newly built home and decided to cook in their new kitchen.

Taeyong likes how he has some company in the kitchen now. Donghyuck doesn't really cook with him, also he rarely cooks. Maybe Jaehyun just feels like home.

"Taeyong, about the charity work tomorrow..."

"Oh! About that, I have to go before the sun sets. I have to prepare the cookies and also the booklets," the omega uttered.

"If you want...We can come along."

Taeyong looked at the alpha with one eyebrow raised, "Don't you have work? Also, Blue might get tired. I don't want him to get too tired."

"Well, I can leave for a day. Blue can take a rest while he's with us. Also, he likes helping. Maybe he got that from you," Jaehyun answered with a smirk on his face.

"You know, it's not your obligation to help me all the time. I owe you too many things already," the omega uttered with a pout.

Taeyong was watching Jaehyun cook but a finger suddenly made him to look up and straight into the alpha's eyes.

"Who said you owe me anything?"

The omega blushed and was taken aback. Jaehyun goes back to cooking. Suddenly, a gush of embarrassment came in that made him curse mentally. He shouldn't have done that. Should he? Maybe Taeyong didn't mind. But he did blush. Jaehyun's just stupid sometimes.

"I just want to help and that doesn't mean you owe me something," Jaehyun said, "You should stop thinking that I'm just your kid's father. I'm your friend, Taeyong. If there's anything that you need some help with, I'm here. Okay?"