Chapter 5 - Plot Twist

Sophie's POV

I pull my shirt on, smoothing down my blonde hair, and walk downstairs, almost ready for a night out in Kansas City at the Power and Light District.

"Gnarly Charlie: WE'RE HERE BITCH!!!!"  My eyes widen and I quickly reply,

"Me: Um, WHAT? You guys are always late, why are you here on time suddenly? I haven't found my hat or my shoes yet!!  And those are kind of necessities"  Not 10 seconds later, Libby replies.

"Muh Bitch: Oh my god, your shoes are by the pantry, and your hat is on the table next to the front door! ♥"  I make a face, look by the kitchen pantry, and surely enough, there are my shoes. I put them on and slowly walk to my front door. Goddammit, how is she always right?! I can practically HEAR her always right laughter at the end of that message.  I look in the mirror above the table.  My makeup is done alright, and my hair falls okay around my face. I make a face at myself. I guess this is gonna have to do.

"Me: ...alright, you win.  Text me when you actually get here" I sit on the stairs, tapping my feet in a rhythm as I hum.  A few minutes later, my phone vibrates.

"Turning on your street."  I stand up and grab my purse, turning off lights as I go.

"BYE MOM I LOVE YOU THE GIRLS ARE HERE SEE YOU LATER!"  I shout as I'm unlocking the front door.

"CALL ME EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE SO I KNOW YOU'RE ALRIGHT, PLEASE!" She shouts back.  I step out of my house, rolling my eyes as I respond.

"ALRIGHT!" I close the door and lock it just as Libby pulls up in front of the driveway.  My mother peeks out her window, and I wave at her.  She waves back awkwardly and disappears back into her room.  I just shake my head, smirk, and climb into the car.

"Hey, Soph! How right was she about your shoes and your hat?" Charlie asks happily as Libb pulls away from the curb.  I roll my eyes at Libby, grumbling in the passenger seat. She laughs and pokes my cheek.  I flick her hand away from my face.

"Owie!" she cries.  I smirk and stop.

"Gloating is a sin, you know," I say.  She just looks at me and traces a circle in the air above her head.

We pull up to Hailee's house, and I roll own the window.  I shout out to her as she's walking towards us, "Get in loser, we're going shopping!"  She laughs, rolls her eyes, and climbs in behind me.

I look back at my friends, and I smile. All so different in so many ways, but so similar inside.  You know, they say that if a friendship can outlast high school, you're set for life.

"Okay, who farted?" Charlie asks. I laugh loudly as Libby continues driving along.