˚✧₊⁎chapter 8⁎⁺˳✧༚

"darkness cannot drive our darkness: only light can do that. hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
-martin luther king jr.

with the hallway dark you stared into the door that shone brightly, it was creaked open and you could see some dresses from the crack. the music they were playing was gentle and it sounded like they were dancing, as you stared closer at the crack in the door you saw servants and maids running around.

with eros and cupid in your arms you were determined to get out of wherever you were, your plan was simple:

1) get away from the blondie.

for some reason he made you feel VERY uncomfortable, calling you a "street rat," describing women like they were made to appeal to men, pushing a child off a high surface.

you honestly just wanted to go to the courtyard with eros and wait until he was sleep to have him lead you to his room so you could put him to bed, then be on your way.

you began walking down the dark hallway towards the door when you all of a sudden felt something pulling you back, this time was much more gentle and when you hit the firm surface you didn't flinch.

"y/n? what are you doing outside of the medics office?"

you turned around and instantly recognized who it was, his brown curly hair and green eyes shone even in the darkness. it was atlas.

as he stared at you he then looked down to see you once again holding his child, this time however eros was not standing up straight and was instead leaning into you and hugging your neck.

he stared at his kid, "eros? what's wrong?"

you looked down at eros and then at atlas, "he's just a bit shaken up, a random man pushed him off the bed i was in."

"eros! are you alright?!"

the young dad seemed to my flustered and didn't know what to do, it was more then obvious he had no idea how to raise a kid. you pitied both atlas and eros, it was obvious atlas expected to buy eros' love. growing up with no affection but materialistic items instead. you could see why he had already become so attached after only one hug. the boy was touch starved, very touch starved.

"oh goddess, please forgive me, your majesty."

you bowed down slightly and knelt to the best of your ability.

"greetings along with glory to his majesty, the imperial prince; future sun of the kingdom. may the goddess shield and guide you."

you closed your eyes and counted to five, you realized just now but you hadn't been giving anyone proper greetings. it reflects on your personality and it made you seem rude.

he stared down at your figure until finally you stood up, "uh thanks, anyways can i have eros? he's supposed to be greeting guests right now."

you began to readjust eros so his father could take him when you heard a small mumble, "no. i wanna stay with y/n."

you felt him hug you tighter and could feel the pout forming on his lips. although you found it adorable it was a hard decision to make. eros didn't consent to it but still this is his father..
you stood still while staring at eros and atlas back and forth until finally you backed away while giving a nervous smile.

as you took each step you noticed the prince staring intently at what you were doing, "haha, uhh."

"woahh, never knew a dancers kid would be attending this ball."

you looked behind atlas and saw the blond man you had seen before in the room you were staying at.

eros stared to the side and held a scowl, it was obvious he wasn't amused at who had just shown up, "go away angelo."