forty-seven || doing the wrong thing, for the right reasons

Start from the beginning

   "Basically, our fathers worked together on this software, for someone else. Apparently, whoever they were working with turned on them, and made the software to be used for bad things, while our fathers originally thought that they were doing something good for the world. Once they found out, they put up all the different passwords and firewalls to keep that person out. They left a letter in the journals to that person, and also to anyone else who might find it, with a warning, saying that no one should have this, and, well, Tate and I agreed with them," I continued, and Whit slowly nodded, processing what I was saying.

  "So, you came up with fake software, didn't you?" He grinned, looking slightly...proud?

  I nodded. "Yeah, the plan was, Tate and I were going to give them the fake software, and then...well, we were going to finish finding the rest of the software on our own, in order to shut it down completely," I sighed, not knowing how he would take the whole shutting down part of our plan. 

   Whit leaned forward to look between Tate and me, a sly grin on his lips.

  "I fucking knew you two were dating," he laughed, and Tate choked on air at his words.

I just shook my head and laughed along with him. 

  "Really, Whit? That's what you got out of all of that? That we are dating?"

He shrugged his shoulders innocently. "I just am glad that I could confirm my suspicions. I knew it was bound to happen from the start. I was kind of fucking with you to see if you would tell me on your own or if I would have to pry it out from one of the boys. I'm happy for you both, truly," he assured us, and Tate's face was bright red.

  "T-Thank you, um, yeah," she fumbled, and I patted her knee.

   "So, when are you guys leaving?" Whit continued, and now it was my turn to be flustered.

"You're...you're okay with us shutting it down?" I asked in disbelief.

  "Styles, one of the only things I like more than money, is revenge. And I can't think of any better revenge than destroying the one thing everyone who is pitted against us is so desperate to get their hands on. We just wasted two months of precious time on this thing, only for it to completely bite us in the ass. Let's demolish this shit, once and for all," he replied, with a mischievous grin. 

   "Wow, I um, I wasn't expecting you to be so cool with all of this," I admitted.

 Whit threw his head back in laughter. "And I wasn't expecting to be fucked over by Grayson, looks like life is full of surprises," he chuckled. 

  We had just pulled up to the Fort, and Will and Abel quickly parked next to us.

 Will looked completely shocked as he stumbled out of the vehicle, and once we all got out of our car, he looked at Whit.

   "So, you know?" He laughed.

  Whit nodded and began walking towards the back entrance.

  "Yeah, I know. And I'm cool with it. In fact, I am elated. Let's get inside and get everything figured out so that we can send the two lovebirds on their way," Whit instructed.

  Will's eyes nearly bugged out of his head. "You know about that too?"

 Whit spun around as he placed his hand on the door handle. "I know everything, now, let's get this shit started," he chuckled, and we entered the Fort. 

   Ralph looked at us in confusion as we walked in.

 "You're back already?" He asked, looking dumbfounded.