What's the Point?

Start from the beginning

" . . . Of course he did. He didn't think we were real at first. Who would? We're basically OCs. ."

That made sense to Marvin and Chase, the more they thought of it. They all just really thought maybe Sean was sadistic, playing like a god. But of course that'd make more sense.

Anti continued, "But yeah . . . My memory isn't as . . . clear as you guys. But it's there. I just got to keep telling myself that it's not real. Just like Sean said."

"Is it just as hard for you?" Marvin asked.

Chase glared at him but the magician ignored him.

Anti just shook his head, "I can't tell you that. I don't know your pain. I can only tell you all of the pain you've given me"

"We said we're sorry, Anti." Chase whined, "Isn't that enou-"

"And I had told you all I was sorry. Wasn't THAT enough? But of course not. Your pain was greater, right? But while the pain you've been going through Sean says isn't real . . . Mine WAS. Doesn't make your pain any less . . . . I believe it makes us more . . . equal"

On the inside, Chase wanted to strangle him but he had to come to terms that the glitch was right. So Chase calmly finished his sandwich, instead.

Anti could feel his anger, though, "Chase, I-"

But Chase merely got up and left the room. Anti was a little crushed but Marvin drew his attention, "Don't worry about him. You've never had kids. Neither have I but I imagine seeing your own children die in front of you can't be easy, Anti. And then to be told it was never real? That his AND Henrik's own children weren't real? I know we should be over this conversation already but it's not easy, Anti"

"It's not for me, either. . . ." Anti still remembered his nightmare from the other night. How he hurt them all. Drew blood on them all. Laughed at the blood spilt.

A little later, Henrik came back home from a long day's work. It was good to get away from pressuring eyes and glares but he knew it was deserved.

His heart hurt, knowing what he did to Anti. He didn't want that. So why did he do it? It was so involuntary . . . was it really him that did it? It felt unlikely but maybe he was just wanted to shift the blame on something other than him.

So then why did all the malice shift away after he plunged that needle into Anti's hip?

It felt so . . unnatural.

'Perhaps I should talk to Iplier about it. Unless he, too, is angry with me'

When Henrik walked into the living room, he saw Anti sitting on the couch still. As if he really hadn't moved all day. He felt as if he should say something and as a doctor, he couldn't stop himself.

"It's not good for you to stay seated in one place for too long. Could form blood clots"

"Yeah, you'd like that, wouldn't you?" he retorted, "Leave me alone"

Henrik sighed, "You wanted to stay here after Sean wanted to take you to Ipliers. You should follow my advice. Iplier would say the same"

"I don't care" Anti wouldn't even look at him the entire time, just staring at the TV in front of him.

"You do" Henrik mumbled but kept it mostly to himself, "Where are zhe others?"

"Why?" Anti huffed, "Checking to see if I'm alone so you can finish me off?"

"No" the doctor plainly said, coming closer in to check his legs, "Have you lifted zhem around? Get blood flowing?"

Anti finally glared at him, "I'll get blood flowing over your head if you don't leave me the fuck alone"