"Ahh Lavender my sweet daughter are you excited for you first day as a senior

"Ahh Lavender my sweet daughter are you excited for you first day as a senior." Daddy said as I went to grab a piece of toast off a plate on the kitchen side.  I walked to the fridge and got a bottle of apple juice out and put it in my backpack that was on the hook near the kitchen. I would sometimes forget it so Antonio put it there so I would always have it before getting breakfast.

You see I was 17 year old girl starting my senior year at City Side High-school in New York. My brother Tony is 3 years older so he's in his 3rd year of college studying business. He's going to take over daddy's business after he retires. I want to be a doctor and then one day own my own hospital. I know that may sound ambitious but to me its a dream that I aim to achieve and hopefully will achieve.

"Yeah d-daddy I'm so excited. I can't wait to see t-the twins again. Is S-Smithy driving m-me today?" I asked hopefully. Smithy was a 23 year old man that has been my personal driver for 5 years. He's like an older brother to me and he has a wonderful sense of humour.

"Yes sweetheart. I have an early meeting and Antonio has already drove off back to college-" he looked down at his wristwatch and straightened up"- well look like it's time for me to leave. You should probably start going now it's 7:30 am and I know how you live to get there before 7:45" he walked up to me and kissed me on the cheek "have a good first day Rosie and stay away from boys. Oh and before I forget. We're having dinner with my business partner tonight so make sure to come straight home. Uncle Robbie and the twins will be there."

"Okay d-daddy." I replied. I heard the door closing and a car leave the driveway. I finished my toast and grabbed a napkin to wipe the crumbs off my face before grabbing my bag and walking out of the house.
"Bye M-Mr and Mrs G-Greyson. Have a g-good day."

Mr and Mrs Greyson were an elderly couple that were the 2 of 5 of our house maids and cooks. They made sure all the rooms were clean after use and breakfast, lunch and dinner were served on time. They have been here since we first moved in when I was 5.

My dad co-owns a multi-millionaire company. He started it with my uncle Robbie when they were 19. Uncle Robbie isn't actually my real uncle but him and my dad are as close as brothers so me and Tony class him as an uncle . Uncle Robbie's wife died of leukaemia about 4 years ago. He has 3 kids. A set of twins. Max and Josie that are the exact same age as me and Cody who's 15 years old. We all grew up together and have all been best friends since. I'm closest with the twins since they are my age but Antonio is closer with Cody because he likes to spoil him. Which I think is unnecessary.

"Bye dear have a good day." They both replied before I closed the door. I skipped over to the large black SUV and found Smithy waiting with the door open.

"Good m-morning Smithy hope you're having a w-wonderful day

"Good m-morning Smithy hope you're having a w-wonderful day."I greeted him as I approached the car.

"Thank you Miss Lavender. After seeing you, I'm sure I'll have a marvellous day." He wore a grin on his face and held out his hand to help me into the car.

"Thanks Smithy y-you really k-know how to m-make my day." He laughed then winked at me which made me blush on instinct. I wasn't used to having this much attention from any man but the men in my family.

He closed the door then got in the front and we were off to City Side High School.

2010 words
2/11/20